Facebook Stock Drops Below $20

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Loses about 200 million a quarter with a revenue of 1 billion...

Yeah that company is worth 90 billion, how could I go wrong investing?

This is the same shit as Red Hat and Linux Craze, people are gambling recklessly in the hopes of a big, short-term pay out.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Pinhedd[/nom]In order for them to be the next Enron they'd have to get caught committing criminal accounting violations[/citation]

Well, how about misrepresenting to number of Facebook users ?

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]P/E and EPS guys are immune to any sort of hype.[/citation]+1 I'd really love to meet the investors who saw value in this stock at anything above $10. How the heck does one approve a 200 P/E stock for any portfolio!? I've never been one to join the banker-bashing bandwagon but there sure are some morons in this industry.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Reminds me a little of the infamous dot.com bubble. Facebook went IPO with overpriced value and it showed. It does not have a proper business plan outside of monetizing it's users, and the company is reliant on a lone source of revenue, meaning that if for some reason people get fed up with Facebook and join other social network, the Facebook stock value is going to crash.

nibir2011

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
ITs about time

I do not understand why people invest in something where people waste time

there are tons of other companies like AMD,Intel,nvidia etc etc. Which actually does something

G

Everyone should be APPLAUDING the Facebook IPO. Why? Because the investment banks got top dollar for their client, Facebook. It is nobody's fault that hysteria fueled the IPO price. But that's what investing is all about: you take a risk, and sometimes things do not turn out well.

Has anyone noticed? High-flying IPOs in the past were CORRUPT. Shares were deliberately underpriced by the investment banks to ensure huge-profits to the relatively few individuals and firms that could subscribe to the shares. When you see shares appreciate 50% on the first day of the offering, talk about Wall St. chicanery! The client companies should have been furious - their capital was left on the table for the fat cats to scoop up. Hmm ... I wonder if the company principals benefited from this corrupt arrangement? Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.