[SOLVED] [Faced again] BSOD Critical process died after running CSGO after some days

Jan 9, 2023
In reference to my previous thread - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...unning-csgo-frequently.3792186/#post-22904413 where the issue got resolved by updating Razer Synapse, I faced the issue again after a couple of days.
While playing CSGO, I got BSOD with the error code - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED again and it's happening again and again after a few minutes into the game.

Latest Minidump link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/tvk1mtgfw71rrja/011223-7671-01.dmp/file

My PC specs are
ryzen 9 5950X
32gb 3600mhz ram
500GB SSD + 2TB HDD + 1TB HDD
MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WIFI Motherboard
GTX 970

Can someone please help me with this?

Solution
looks like a service host svchost.exe terminated a process and killed the 32bit subsystem.

i can not read the command line parameters of the service host so I don't know which one it would be. what is see in the debugger is:
Aug 22 04:46:42 2018 < Name not readable >
CurrentDirectory: 'C:\Windows\syste'
(value is messed up)

see if you can provide a kernel dump (memory.dmp) file and i should be able to read the service host info.

you might remove the steam streaming microphone and speakers and reinstall. (if you still use the software)
how to get rid of the Streaming Microphone and Steam Speakers on the Device Manager :: Steam Link General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

software is from 2017

any idea what this driver...
Jan 9, 2023
It looks like the issue was high RAM usage and less Virtual memory.
MY virtual memory was set to 15 GB whereas my RAM is 32 GB and Chrome had a lot of tabs open at that time when I was playing which jumped my RAM usage to 90%-95%.
Post that, I increased the virtual memory to 35 GB and it has been finally working fine for me for the last hour or so!

Thanks everyone, I would appreciate if someone can still look at the dump and confirm if high memory usage or less virtual memory was the real cause.

looks like a service host svchost.exe terminated a process and killed the 32bit subsystem.

i can not read the command line parameters of the service host so I don't know which one it would be. what is see in the debugger is:
(value is messed up)

see if you can provide a kernel dump (memory.dmp) file and i should be able to read the service host info.

you might remove the steam streaming microphone and speakers and reinstall. (if you still use the software)
how to get rid of the Streaming Microphone and Steam Speakers on the Device Manager :: Steam Link General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

software is from 2017

any idea what this driver is for:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pvxWintun.sys Mon Oct 3 02:34:36 2022

it is new to me. it is not on my machine. I don't see it on google

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 9, 2023

(value is messed up)

software is from 2017

any idea what this driver is for:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pvxWintun.sys Mon Oct 3 02:34:36 2022

it is new to me

Thanks again for the detailed solution. I will re-iinstall the steam streaming microphone thing for sure.
I am not entirely sure about pxcWinTun.sys myself.
Thanks for the explanation and solution again!!

Thanks again for the detailed solution. I will re-iinstall the steam streaming microphone thing for sure.
I am not entirely sure about pxcWinTun.sys myself.
Thanks for the explanation and solution again!!
not sure it is really solved yet. you will not know for a while. Something is corrupting the 32bit sub system that the games run in. Games can modify the files, the sound systems have software that translate the calls from 32 bit subsystem to the 64 bit windows drivers. Services can be involved and need to be updated. Hopefully, reinstalling some stuff will update the drivers. It would be nice to know which service host is making the call so you will know for sure what has to be updated.
Also, malware now likes to hide in the subsystem and it is not fun trying to find software that tries to hide. the problem is going to be in a 3rd party service that microsoft does not provide. most likely it will be a audio service.

you should try to find out what pvxWintun.sys is for.
generally I can find other people with the same file but not in this case.
i also searched your loaded drivers for this date time stamp Aug 22 04:46:42 2018 but could not find a driver with that date. (the date of a file may not match the date of the object inside the file but is should be close)

Last edited: