[SOLVED] Factory Format install blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
I have been using Format Factory for some time without any problems, I wanted to do a fresh install but MS Defender blocks it citing a virus. Is there something going on with FF...is it defunct? If it is no longer viable, could someone suggest a replacement that is easy to use and reliable?

Solution
I've been using an older version for years. I did try to update a year or 2 back and had issues. The newer version was really buggy. I wrote the author who never replied.

The program has steadily been going downhill. If you want to use it, find an older copy and test it in a VM first. Avoid the newer ones. I don't know which older version to recommend. I use 4.5 but I'm not going to recommend it. Find others who are using an older version and see what they say.

I tried to install the latest version in a VM and it installed. I had to decline 2 extra apps when going through setup. Then a 3rd app wanted to be installed too. I took a screen shot. At this point, it had already installed something else that Windows Defender didn't like...

gardenman

Splendid
I've been using an older version for years. I did try to update a year or 2 back and had issues. The newer version was really buggy. I wrote the author who never replied.

The program has steadily been going downhill. If you want to use it, find an older copy and test it in a VM first. Avoid the newer ones. I don't know which older version to recommend. I use 4.5 but I'm not going to recommend it. Find others who are using an older version and see what they say.

I tried to install the latest version in a VM and it installed. I had to decline 2 extra apps when going through setup. Then a 3rd app wanted to be installed too. I took a screen shot. At this point, it had already installed something else that Windows Defender didn't like.
m75kJM4.jpg

Avoid the newer versions.

Edit: HandBrake is a good alternative for video conversion.

Solution

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
Thanks, gardenman. I've been trying to find a site to download older versions and the one mentioned most often is oldversion.com, but when I tried that I got only a blank page. But my search will go on...

Status
Not open for further replies.