Question Factory reset stuck at 99%

Sep 16, 2022
Hi All
Need some help, My son has started a factory reset on his gaming PC and has been stuck on 99% for over 12 hours. I Assume this has been asked before, but what can i do to resolve this issue please.

Sep 16, 2022
Brand name and model of the PC?

Windows 10?

Supposed to restore the PC to the state it was in on the day it was purchased?

What was the motivation for the reset......the problem you are trying to solve?
Its an Acer predator, running Win 10 .
My son started the reset last night as it was running slow, wanted to do a full reset and clean install of third party apps etc.
Has been stuck on 99% for over 12 hrs now.

Sep 16, 2022
Would you consider a clean install of Win 10 followed by a re-installation of third party apps?

From memory, I don't think Acer recovery software or support generally is highly reliable.

What does the factory installation include that is a must-have?
Thats what he was wanting to be fair, a complete clean install, basically to clean all rubbish out and make it run smoothly.

Thats what he was wanting to be fair, a complete clean install, basically to clean all rubbish out and make it run smoothly.

Not sure why he first attempted a "factory reset" rather than a clean install of Win 10.

Clean install is easy enough. Standard method is making a USB flash drive installer via Microsoft's "Media Creation Tool", using a flash drive of at least 8 GB in size.

Boot from it. Delete ALL partitions when offered the choice, leaving all of the drive empty "unallocated space". Let the installer make the necessary partitions as needed while the PC reboots a time or two.

But you are dead in the water for 12 hours now.

Not sure what is best procedure given that, but you may have to simply shut down and see where that leaves you.

Maybe others will comment.

What are his basic specs? CPU, SSD, RAM, video card?

Reactions: strider212

USAFRet

Titan
Not factory reset.

This:

Sep 16, 2022
Not factory reset.

This:

Thanks for that will keep it for future use, but he has already done the reset and cleared everything off.