Factory restor

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
So this is a really interesting one lol...

due to well lack of care/being sick and having nothing to do I installed windows 8 developer and after I saw how much it sucked I wanted to reinstall my old OS. my laptop has a recovery partition that is hidden and I dont know how to tell my computer to reinstall windows from it... checked the control panel and no factory rest or anything close...

I really want to solve this and get my lovely windows 7 back and no I dont mind deleting everything so please idea?!

P.S. I managed to get it to look like windows 7 by going into cmd and moving and changing some folders around as shown here

http://pureinfotech.com/2011/10/10/how-to-uninstall-windows-8-developer-preview-and-restore-windows-7-step-by-step/

that should give a little more info where i am...

Good luck and thank you!

Try this

Starting Dell Factory Image RestoreTurn on the computer.
1. When the DELL logo appears, press <F8>
2. several times to access the Advanced Boot Options window.
3. Select Repair Your Computer. The System Recovery Options window appears.Select a keyboard layout and click
4. Next.To access the recovery options, log on
5. as a local user. To access the command prompt, type administrator in the User name field, then click OK.Click
6. Dell Factory Image Restore. The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome screen appears.NOTE: Depending upon your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory Image Restore.Click
7. Next. The Confirm Data Deletion screen appears.
8.Select the check box to confirm that you want to continue to reformat the hard drive and restore the system software to the factory condition, then click Next.The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes to complete. A message appears when the operating system and factory-installed applications have been restored to factory condition. Click
9. Finish to restart the computer