Failed install xp

Adamc715

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
My laptop had windows 7 installed working fine. I created a partition on the same drive to install windows xp to run some compatible programs, however the setup failed.

It is no longer giving me the option to boot from Windows 7 and goes straight to the xp setup. Have tries running safe mode but unable to.

Any ideas on how to remove this installation or revert back to the other partition. I don't have a back up or start up discs

Thanks in advance

Adam

Adamc715

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Dextermat, firstly apologies on your comment, was looking for a reply button. (new to forum)
I needed xp installed as need to run 3d drivers as originally tried the route you suggested.

Secondly would I need to be in windows in order to run easyBCD ?

Thanks for the reply junkymonkey, however can't see anything I missed. Just a failed install.install which seems to be a.common thing with xp

it maybe you xp cant detect newer hardware your using and fails to install ?? also I seen laptops that you could not do anything to then except what ti came with from the vender [like my buddy tried to install Linux on a few and failed as well??]

maybe just one of them things with that model you got ??

jesseg123

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
If you had a BSOD right after it was loading everything. (After it loads is the screen where you create/edit partitions)
This is most likely an issue relating to not having SATA drivers for your computer, you can slipstream drivers using nlite, and downloading driverpacks or something of the sort.

TRENDING THREADS