Failed overclock i5 7600k

Fermoz

Honorable
May 8, 2013
Hi,

I'm a beginner at overclocking. I wanted to try on my i5 7600k and Gigabyte z27OP-D3. I have changed frequency to 4.8ghz with vcore set to 1.285 and uncore set to 4.5ghz (whatever that is). I followed an oc guide from Gigabyte. Ram is at xmp. I changed nothing else like turbo, c-states etc.

On restart my computer froze the first second with a white marker to the upper left. After that it rebooted and I got into bios again because of failed boot.

What do you think I should try next? Increase voltage?

Solution
Set your bios to system default settings only and see if it boot to windows then return to your bios and adjust your cpu frequency incrementally and see if it boot to windows. you might be also required ti adjust your voltage in the bios please do this by increments of .01 to be safe you don't want to fry your mother board so do it alow and by small steps only till you can boot to windows with no problems. do watch some you tube videos there are a lot of tutorials out there tha can help you.

Fermoz

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I actually had no OC before that. I read a review of the processor that said that their 3 samples passed 4.9 with vcore 1.285. So I tried 4.8 and didn't even reach loading screen.

I'm now going with 4.6 on a pre made profile in bios but I can't se the detailed settings. Some kind of easy OC.

Fermoz

Honorable
May 8, 2013
After some more testing i've managed to reach 4.8 ghz with acceptable temps. However, what keeps confusing me is the uncore frequency. When I changed that to 4.5ghz the computer didn't even start. What would your suggestion be in proceeding with that setting?

chinaman

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Set your bios to system default settings only and see if it boot to windows then return to your bios and adjust your cpu frequency incrementally and see if it boot to windows. you might be also required ti adjust your voltage in the bios please do this by increments of .01 to be safe you don't want to fry your mother board so do it alow and by small steps only till you can boot to windows with no problems. do watch some you tube videos there are a lot of tutorials out there tha can help you.

Solution