Question Failed to download Nvidia Drivers

Jacob_92

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
My computer started slowing down alot, so I thought at first it might be just my connection to the internet. So I restarted both the modemn and router, and that didn't work. I checked for available updates on my computer, and I was able to update Windows 10, but I got a error (0x8000ffff). I was still having issues so I decided to check my graphics card, which was a couple months out of date. I started the download, but once again it couldn't download the driver. I already tried uninstalling NVIDIA and reinstalling, running custom installation with performing a clean installation, but it still didn't download. My brother is in the IT field and he tried helping me, but didn't have much luck. Ideally I would like to have my graphic driver installed again so I can use my other monitor, but any help would be appreciated. This is what he sent me:

"Windows 10 May 2020 Update (also known as version 2004 and codenamed "20H1") is the ninth major update to Windows 10. It carries the build number 10.0. 19041."
Command prompt, "winver", shows Microsoft Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1), and you have x64-based PC.
I tried to manually install "2021-11 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB5007289)" which was pulled from the catalog.update.microsoft link, but failed with saying "The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB5007289)"
I uninstalled Adobe Flash but that also continues to error out. Windows Update continues to error out on with code "0x8000ffff"; --2021-11 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for WIndows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB5007289) --Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for WIndows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based systems (KB4577586)
Command prompt as admin, "sfc /scannow" did find corrupt files but was unable to fix.

tried uninstalling NVIDIA and reinstalling, running custom installation with performing a clean installation, but it still didn't download.
you mention quite a few unrelated issues you're experiencing.

running the Nvidia display driver package should have nothing at all to do with being connected/downloading.
you have to download the entire package before running it.

being connected would have absolutely nothing to do with your computer "slowing down".
your Windows OS is already installed and in place so it's performance also has nothing to do with being connected to the internet.

Windows Update showing errors and problems connecting to the internet may be related but it would return an error about not being able to maintain connection, not some generic error related to it's data.

the fact the sfc /scannow shows corrupted data and cannot properly "fix" them would usually mean that your OS is just so corrupted that you need a more in depth repair method.
personally i would just use their Media Creation Tool to create a new fresh installation media, format the OS drive, and reinstall.

Last edited:

Jacob_92

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
NVIDIA Drivers
you mention quite a few unrelated issues you're experiencing.

running the Nvidia display driver package should have nothing at all to do with being connected/downloading.
you have to download the entire package before running it.

being connected would have absolutely nothing to do with your computer "slowing down".
your Windows OS is already installed and in place so it's performance also has nothing to do with being connected to the internet.

Windows Update showing errors and problems connecting to the internet may be related but it would return an error about not being able to maintain connection, not some generic error related to it's data.

the fact the sfc /scannow shows corrupted data and cannot properly "fix" them would usually mean that your OS is just so corrupted that you need a more in depth repair method.
personally i would just use their Media Creation Tool to create a new fresh installation media, format the OS drive, and reinstall.
Do I have to use Windows 10 home key or Windows 8? I have my original windows 8 key I used when originally building my computer. I also upgraded to Version 22H2 (OS build 19045) from 2004 (OS build 19041), and then I was about to download my NVIDIA drivers. But I think I need to what you said earlier, I just need to know if I can use Windows 8, or if I have to buy a Windows 10 Home key.