Failed to initialize SSD disk

heman90210

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I recently partitioned my SSD drive, but now I can't see it in disk management. My Bios picks it up but not in windows disk management. How do I initialize the drive when I can't access it in disk managment

System
windows 7 home 64X bit
3930K intel i7 CPU
12 GB of vengeance RAM
saber tooth motherboard from ASUS
2 storage devices one is 2TB, and my primary is 1TB

heman90210

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I have a feature in my AI suite II. It's called "ASUS SSD caching". Disruption: ASUS SSD caching uses the SSD as a cache for frequently accessed programs and data. Connect one HDD and one SSD to the specific SATA ports, and enjoy the SSD-like transfer speed and performance

when I enable that feature, it partitioned my SSD device. Now I am having problems initializing the SSD drive.

heman90210

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I have downloaded Gparted but I am having trouble understanding it. Do I actually have to burn it into a CD/DVD? why can't I use DAEMON Tools Pro or Magic iso? If I can use those tools then where are the setup files?

P.S

I have downloaded magic partition and it didn't pick up the drive either :(

personally I'd use diskpart. This is a cmd that is built into windows.
If you have a system that you can put the drive into a USB->sata adaptor you can use it thru a CMD promp (requires admin privalige). or you can access it on the Windows Installation disk.

THIS is Not for the Faint of Hearts, Use google to read up on it. But it does work very well at deleting UNWANTED partitions.

Sorry have to leave, off to bowling.

heman90210

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I am reading up on it and you are right, it is not for the faint of heart. Do you know of a more easy and friendly interface to use. I just want to enable the state disk drive.

Take a look at Ultamate Boot CD. It has a large collection of Utilities.
Link: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
This is one Boot CD that should be in everyones "tool" chest.
Personnally I do like and use diskpart, But then I' a old DOS guy so running a dos cmd with switches does not bother me.