[SOLVED] Failed to install MACOSX El Capitan into my Acer 8951G Laptop: Usb boot drive not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

botorosa

Honorable
May 7, 2014
I am trying to install El Capitan to my laptop Acer Ethos 8951G laptop.

I did my USB boot drive accordig to the OS X El Capitan 10.11 UniBeast 6 Clover Installation Guide .

So I made the Boot USB and then I went to the Bios of my Laptop and there is not such "Optimised defaults" so I loaded the default Bios values and saved them. Then I changed the boot order with F12 to boot from the USB stick but nothing happened ... and Windows 7 starts loading up...

Iam lost because no matter which method I follow when i try to boot it do not recognize the USB boot drive and runs immediately to windows.

Help here what I need to do...

Here the specs of my laptop just for you to check if its compatible wth Macos El Capitan or other version:
Mainboard : Acer SM81_HR
Chipset : Intel HM65
Processor : Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2000 MHz (max : 2900)
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : Intel® HD Graphics 3000
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
Hard Disk : Seagate ST9750423AS (750GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S
Monitor Type : N184H6-L02 - 19 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Network Card : Broadcom BCM43227 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth: Broadcom
Fingerprint: EGISTEC
USB 3.0: Renesas
Webcam: Integrated
Speaker: 5.1 Dolby integrated

Sometimes if I'm trying a boot device and it keeps booting windows instead. I will do into the BIOS and remove the hard drive from the boot menu so only the DVD or USB drive I want to use it available. It may not fix the booting issue but might help you troubleshoot.

botorosa

Honorable
May 7, 2014
The BIOS of my Laptop is from InsydeH2O and there are only few parametres that can be changed..

It just have:
- "Information (sistem and Bios Information not editable)",
- "Main" (that haves option Quiet Menu, Network Menu, F12 Boot Menu, D2D Recovery and SATA Mode)
- "Security" (boot passwords, etc)
- "Boot" ( all devices that can be ordered to boot first (HDD0, HDD1, ATAPI CDROM, USB FDD, USB HDD, NETWORK BOOT, USB CDROM)
- "Exit" (save, default values, etc)

I can remove the HDD because its not an option... I can place it in the top or in the bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.