[SOLVED] Failed to install updates

IronyTaken

Reputable
Jul 10, 2020
My friend is having trouble installing the latest Windows 10 updates.
I've tried wiping his SSD clean and starting with a new Windows 10 install using his Windows 10 pro install cd but it still runs into the same issue.
After installing windows again he goes through the update process.
It will download the updates fine and then ask for a restart but after it restarted the computer it fails to boot then restarts again and boots fine but without the updates installed.
Here is a screenshot he took of his update history window the the error codes it spit out.
win-10-failed-update.png

Solution
when installing the OS fresh you should always use the MS Media Creation Tool that will create an up-to-date install package and install the latest possible version.

this old DVD could very well contain a version that has been deemed absoleet.

just be sure to disconnect all other drives except the one intended for the OS drive.
when installing the OS fresh you should always use the MS Media Creation Tool that will create an up-to-date install package and install the latest possible version.

this old DVD could very well contain a version that has been deemed absoleet.

just be sure to disconnect all other drives except the one intended for the OS drive.

Solution

IronyTaken

Reputable
Jul 10, 2020
I have run into another problem. When my friend restarts his computer it gets stuck in a boot loops. I have to force boot his m.2 drive in the bios boot settings for it to correctly boot windows. I have his m.2 windows drive selected as boot priority one.