Failed to load detection driver in AMD Catalyst Install Gpu Driver

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
Hello guys recently I auto updated my hd 5450's driver with a software , then I get this error No AMD driver is installed or not functioning. I uninstall the new driver with DDU.Then I tried to manually download and install it from website I get this error : Failed to load detection driver
and when I tried updating it thourgh device manager I found this :http://s1.postimg.org/pifb15q8v/Capture.png

Have you considered a system restore? You may go to a restore point from before using that software. BTW don't use those "driver updaters" i see issues with these things all the time...Get your drivers from Windows update and directly from your hardware manufacturer only.

This looks like there are remnants of the bad driver left behind

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

I dont have any system restore before using that software to update my drivers :(

OK, use Revo Uninstaller to remove AMD CCC and any other software/drivers you don't recognize. Use Ccleaner to clean up your temp files etc.

Reboot.

From Device Manager - Click the driver tab as shown in your screenshot, select the uninstall driver button. This will uninstall the default driver that Windows has loaded.

Re install AMD drivers (AMD's GPU Catalyst Driver) Specific to your OS. Make sure its the GPU, not APU driver for your exact edition/version of Windows

***Use the "Advanced Uninstall" mode when using revo***

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

When I try to uninstall that deafult driver , widnows tells me to restart pc , but if I restart it will install the driver again , so what should I do now ?

Reboot, then uninstall it again, then run the AMD installer

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

Rebooted then uninstalled , tried to install AMD installer then this came : http://s15.postimg.org/eop7t8iaz/Capture.png

Found this on a previous thread:

The CCC includes the drivers for the graphics card. There is a note on the CCC download page that indicates the following message:

Before installing this driver, please ensure you have uninstalled the previous driver using the Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel and also deleted the installation folder for the previous driver. This folder can be found at the following locations:

C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql
or
C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-32-dd-ccc-whql

Also try DDU again. Something is still there

and then delete the old folder as outlined in the note above, then reinstall the CCC 14.4 package.

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

Tried your instructions still same error :'(

Ghost047

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

Thx for spending your valueable time for me , I'll just take my pc to repair guy tomorrow .........