Failed to Update...

ThatBF4Rendezooker

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Whenever I shut down my pc, or start it; it updates for a while, only to finish downloading the updates, and then undo them, as they 'couldn't be installed'. This makes the boot time like 7mins which is pretty annoying :D
Anyway I can fix this without reinstalling, and having to download all of my games and apps again?
Really considering installing win 7...
Thanks!

Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
First thing I'd recommend you try is resetting the Windows Update Service.

If that doesn't work, try running Startup Repair.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to re-format the machine. Just back up your data beforehand.

Even just in general, you'll want to back up your data with a disk imager (Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (Rollback Rx) In case the issue happens again.

If none of those work, let me know.

ThatBF4Rendezooker

Commendable
May 22, 2016

I tried the first two, and they didn't work, to be honest, I can't be bothered to do a restore, I have disabled updates for the time being, I recently ran into a blue screen of death error about a week ago, while playing cs go, but the issue isn't be reproduced as of now, if my pc crashes again, I will tell you; and consider a restore.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Sure thing. You can always back up your data before doing a re-formatting so that you don't lose data but you would know best if it's something you want to do.

Solution