[SOLVED] Failing HDD, what should I do? (CrystalDiskInfo)

Solution
How bad is this? I have several important files I'd like to keep, but the video editing software that interacts with these files always seem to completely softlock my PC.
The drive has 2 relocated sectors and 2045 pending sectors (hex 7FD).
2 relocated sectors is not much, wouldn't worry about that.
But number of pending sectors is significant and signals about drive health issues.

First - you should have backup for all important data on this drive.

Then - after backups have been made, you can try resolving pending sectors. This can be done with mhdd - scan with relocate option.
How bad is this? I have several important files I'd like to keep, but the video editing software that interacts with these files always seem to completely softlock my PC.
But number of pending sectors is significant and signals about drive health issues.

Then - after backups have been made, you can try resolving pending sectors. This can be done with mhdd - scan with relocate option.

Solution

DoctorObviously

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013

Thanks for the response. I know very little about hardware, but I was just wondering, if I copied the data to some other drive, could these problems transfer themselves over to the other drive? See, when I interact with these files that's when the slowdowns and general problems begins. Thanks.

Slowdowns happen because of pending sectors.
Drive tries to read the sector, but for some reason it fails. Then reading of the sector gets tried again and again.

And no, you can not copy physical damage from one drive to another. You can copy only data (if you're able to read it from damaged drive).

DoctorObviously

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Slowdowns happen because of pending sectors.
Drive tries to read the sector, but for some reason it fails. Then reading of the sector gets tried again and again.

And no, you can not copy physical damage from one drive to another. You can copy only data (if you're able to read it from damaged drive).

Okay, Thank you very much for your help.