Question Failing RTX 20 Series Cards ?

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Hello dear members,
I have Asus Dual Rtx 2080 and its giving me artifacts. I searched over the internet found many articles that its bad micron memory in 20 series that's causing the issue. I also tested my gpu with Mats and it gave me errors in A0 memory bank.

I can replace that specific memory bank that's not the issue but my purpose of posting here is that I read this issue happens again because of bad memory. There is a guy who told lowering memory clock can give it a long time.

Question is that any of you guys know how to address the issue properly? Is there any permanent fix for this artifacts or I also have to lower clocks or any thing else?

Lutfij

Titan
If the memory on the GPU is faulty or failing, then it's best you either replace the module or ditch the card. If the card is yet under warranty, then you shouldn't handle the issue yourself, instead contact the seller of the card(retailer) and the maker of the card(Asus) and have them both in the conversation to instigate an RMA.

What does GPU-Z show you pertaining to your GPU's specs?

Lastly, please specify the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
If the memory on the GPU is faulty or failing, then it's best you either replace the module or ditch the card. If the card is yet under warranty, then you shouldn't handle the issue yourself, instead contact the seller of the card(retailer) and the maker of the card(Asus) and have them both in the conversation to instigate an RMA.

What does GPU-Z show you pertaining to your GPU's specs?

Lastly, please specify the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Ryzen 3600
Asus B450 E Gaming
Trident Z 3200mhz
256Gb SSD
Asus Dual 2080
RM850i
No casing
Windows 10

Everything is perfect its giving me error code 43 and after checking with mats it gave me results that A0 memory bank is faulty.

Gpu is not under warranty. The question is that a lot of other people faced same memory issues, is it good to get new chip if micron chips have that errora?