[SOLVED] Failing SSD?

Aug 25, 2020
I've been getting a lot of errors recently when booting into Windows, I keep getting the Windows Disk Check come on saying it needs to repair my drive. I also occasionally get BSOD's although I can't find anything about them in BlueScreenViewer so no idea what they are for. Sometimes when copying files from my HDD to my SSD, I'll get a notification from Windows saying "Restart to repair drive errors". If I copy a file to the SSD it'll start off fast and then either slow right down or keep pausing before speeding back up again. My desktop icons keep changing into white squares and the whole computer has periods where it runs at about 1FPS - Is it likely to be my SSD failing?

Drive details are:

Drive - OCZ Vector 150
Firmware 1.2
Power On Hours - 13522 hours
Power On Count - 1578
Total Host Reads - 31857GB
Total Host Writes -26879GB
Total NAND Writes - 19326GB

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Installed drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History for additional error information that corresponds with the BSOD and/or drive slowdowns.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance during file copying and during times of speeding up and slowing down.

Look for background apps that are launching and attempting to update, backup, or just "phone home".

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Installed drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History for additional error information that corresponds with the BSOD and/or drive slowdowns.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance during file copying and during times of speeding up and slowing down.

Look for background apps that are launching and attempting to update, backup, or just "phone home".

Solution