Question Failing to boot, then boot normally. Random!

Sep 1, 2019
Hello.

I had a problem some months ago when my GPU Radeon 580 died and my ASROCK Z87 Extreme6 ac wasn't booting. Turning the Mobo swtich from A to B(this mobo has two BIOS, A and B) solved the problem. Bought a new GPU as well. Now, out of the blue, the MOBO started turning off right after i turn the pc on. Then, turns on again, showing the code 00 both times. Then i turn off and on 2 or 3 more times, same happens and later the pc boots normally. If shut down the pc, then try again, same thing hapens. But if i do it just after using the pc, the problem tends to happen less frequently. May happen once or not. One important thing is that when the pc seems to boot fine, i cannot enter the BIOS setup, even though the pc works without problems!

Changed the MOBO battery. I don't think it's the PSU since this new GPU consumes slight less power then the previus one. What can i do?

Sep 1, 2019
Thank you for the reply. here the specs:

MOBO Asrock Z87 Extreme6/ac 1150
Intel Core i7 4770
RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb (2x8gb) Ddr3 1600mhz
PSU Corsair TX 650M
GPU Geforce gtx 1660 ti

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019
All the suspects to the MOBO. I've sent the pc previously(months ago when the first problems appeared) to diagnose and it came as the primary BIOS was damage and the second was working. One thing i've discovery now is that the pc was not booting after i let it off for a while. Then, i've removed it from the power plug from some seconds, at the restart it repeated(00 code, turned off, after i turned on, then turned on at the 00 code again) but this time, the next time i've pressed the on button it worked. So, is it some capacitor stuff? I don't thin it's the RAM either... tested

If is it capacitor, there's a fix?
If i need to change the MOBO, which one do you guys suggest me, please? I need one with at least 6 SATA 6gb/s. Preferably not micro atx.

Last edited: