Failure to connect to internet. Red cross over network sign and no adapters available. Windows 7

ArnavBiswas999

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
The problem started 2 months back. I use Windows 7 and have ethernet cable connection. Since my PC cannot support Windows 10. I could no longer connect to the internet. There was a red cross available on the network icon and said "no Connection are available". When I went to network settings there were no networks adapters available in "change adapter settings". The folder was blank.

However my other PC works fine. I can access the internet through the ethernet just fine. I reinstalled my OS but still the problem persists. I downloaded the network driver and tried to install it but it gave the error "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"

I opened cmd as administrator and tried "ipconfig /release" it gave the error "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

I even did "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" and restarted my PC to reset the TCP/IP network protocol. Even then I got the same error I got in "ïpconig /release".

Whenever I press on network option it says No connection are available.

Kindly help me fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

Solution
then i am afraid its going to be either a new mobo or get a nic :(

i would try getitng a network card first as they are cheaper than replacing a mobo.

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
you cannot issue windows with net commands when it cannot see any network card/adapter/chip present.

enter bios and see if your mobo network chip is switched on.
no = turn on and restart, windows will find hardware and install drivers.
yes = problem with your mobo - faulty network chip, pnp issue (happens when mobos are old), bios requires update? put in a new nic

ArnavBiswas999

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014

Chipset is on. So does that mean I have to completely change my motherboard now??

ArnavBiswas999

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014

I did a clean install of Windows 7 but still no use.