[SOLVED] Fake boot problem on B450 Plus ?

lopissimo

Commendable
Jun 5, 2021
hi, i have a problem with the asus b450 plus motherboard, when i connect the video or audio card in the PCIEX16_2 and PCIEX1_2 slots the pc turns on, restarts and then starts normally. What can it depend on? i thought about the connected nvme SSD but i am not sure. Thank you.

Solution
which
the cmos reset I did it from the bios settings, the gpu is in the PCIEX16_1 slot, so it can be the m.2 that occupies pcie resources?
Insofar as I can tell you have one m.2 and it should be completely independent of any other pcie sockets as it gets it's signals directly from the CPU.

try a cmos reset using the motherboard pins once you have all devices in their final locations.
hi, i have a problem with the asus b450 plus motherboard, when i connect the video or audio card in the PCIEX16_2 and PCIEX1_2 slots the pc turns on, restarts and then starts normally. What can it depend on? i thought about the connected nvme but i am not sure. Thank you.
Did you reset CMOS after changing hardware around? It's often helpful, instructions are in your manual. Systems often restart when it detects changes in hardware.

And why are you moving your cards around as you are? I'd put your GPU in the PCIe x16 slot closest to the GPU and leave it there as that's the best for it. The slot to use for your sound card can depend on which slots are left active based on SATA drives installed. Moving cards unnecessarily forces EFI to reallocate resources and, as well, Windows.

lopissimo

Commendable
Jun 5, 2021
Hai ripristinato CMOS dopo aver cambiato hardware? Spesso è utile, le istruzioni sono nel manuale. I sistemi spesso si riavviano quando rileva cambiamenti nell'hardware.

E perché muovi le tue carte così come sei? Metterei la tua GPU nello slot PCIe x16 più vicino alla GPU e la lascerei lì perché è la cosa migliore. Lo slot da utilizzare per la scheda audio può dipendere da quali slot rimangono attivi in base alle unità SATA installate. Lo spostamento delle carte costringe inutilmente EFI a riallocare le risorse e, inoltre, Windows.
[/CITAZIONE]
the cmos reset I did it from the bios settings, the gpu is in the PCIEX16_1 slot, so it can be the m.2 that occupies pcie resources?

which
Insofar as I can tell you have one m.2 and it should be completely independent of any other pcie sockets as it gets it's signals directly from the CPU.

try a cmos reset using the motherboard pins once you have all devices in their final locations.

Solution

lopissimo

Commendable
Jun 5, 2021
which

even if I remove the backup battery and then put it back, is it still okay?