Question Fake1050 Ti, please help with vbios, I can't get a refund ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2023
There were no VGA ports after 900 series so it was evident that it was fake just from the photos. For $130, you could have bought newer gpus (even if they were bad like the 1030) and even if your market is overpriced.

Nov 14, 2023
i
Even if you could find a working BIOS for this GPU, which is very difficult considering how much the thief modified this GPU in the first place, it'll be a cheap, 15-year-old GPU and you'll get better performance from whatever you're using now to access this forum, including your phone.
i use the gpu rn its working i have image but aprox 99% games crash with that 4gb bios

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i

i use the gpu rn its working i have image but aprox 99% games crash with that 4gb bios

Because it's not the real card. If putting the real BIOS on it, which appears to be a 512 MB or 1 GB GTS 250, doesn't get it working better, than nothing will. At that point, you might as well use whatever you were using before and send this out for recycling. There's nothing else *to* fix.

It's extremely unfortunate that someone scammed you out of your money, but neither me nor anyone else here can get you back your money. The best thing to do is accept your losses and learn a lesson -- really investigate things you purchase and purchase from places with protections -- and move on.

Nov 14, 2023
Even if you could find a working BIOS for this GPU, which is very difficult considering how much the thief modified this GPU in the first place, it'll be a cheap, 15-year-old GPU and you'll get better performance from whatever you're using now to access this forum, including your phone.
i use phone rn i just want play lol

The numbers on the graphics chip:

12C28433 1207A1
S Taiwan
PFU261.M00

You could try that potentially as that thread was from a user who also had "PFU261.M00"

Nov 14, 2023

You could try that potentially as that thread was from a user who also had "PFU261.M00"
i tryed it not working

Nov 14, 2023
i found a older version of nvflash now says only Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)... after it nothing it let me write again

Nov 14, 2023
I think that about wraps things up then. Getting one of these BIOSs to work was your last and only shot.
i found smtg but i get this
Falcon reset control is disallowed! (PLM=0x00000000)

A system restart might be required before running the utility. i restarted still showing up how i solve it

i found smtg but i get this
Falcon reset control is disallowed! (PLM=0x00000000)

A system restart might be required before running the utility. i restarted still showing up how i solve it
You can't solve it. It's the older version of NVFlash telling you want the new one was: the BIOS you're trying to write to the card isn't right for it.

These cards are all over the 'net, listed as 1050, 980, 550...some people find a BIOS that works, but how well they don't say. Some can't find anything.

There's no simple answer here, at least not one you want to hear. You can keep trying various BIOSes you find in case you get lucky, or give up. Worst case you'll find a BIOS that does install but then somehow bricks the card entirely.

Ok, I saw something in your GPU-Z that tipped me off as to what it is.
a96DllD.png

Note that your GPU is an nVidia GF116, not the GP107 that one would find in the GTX 1050 Ti. I did a little digging and found out what cards it could be from.

The GF116 is a Fermi GPU and was used in the following desktop video cards:
GTS 450
GT 545
GTX 550 Ti

Using the fact that it has 4GB of GDDR5, I was able to single-out a BIOS from TechPowerUp. Your card is actually a GeForce GTS 450 4GB from what I've been able to gather.

Here's the only GTS 450 4GB GDDR5 BIOS that TechPowerUp lists in its collection:

Try flashing the card with that and it may solve your issues. Also, you're going to need the driver for that GTS 450 for it to work properly and you can find that here:

I really do hope that this works. All I can say to you is to never do something like this again. I mean, the card wasn't just fake, it was way overpriced. You would have been better getting something like a Radeon RX 580 8GB because AliExpress has them for around $80USD and the RX 580 is 64% faster than the GTX 1050 Ti. I purchased an RX 580 2048SP from AliExpress and even though it was a brand that I had never heard of (JXZ Jisoonzer), it was a real, working RX 580 2048SP (basically an RX 570 with 8GB of VRAM).

I honestly cannot understand why you would want a GTX 1050 Ti in the first place, let alone why you were willing to pay$130USD for it. A card isn't automatically any good just because it says "nVidia" on it and I say that because the only reason I can think of as to why you wanted that GTX 1050 Ti is the old "It's nVidia so it must be good!" myth. You have to do some research before buying a computer part because even if that card was real, you'd still have been badly screwed over.

Just check this out:
XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB: $79.47
I checked it out and it's not the weaker 2048SP model, it has the full 2304 stream processors (2304SP). This is what you should have been looking for. I only hope that the information that I gave you will get that GTS 450 working.

Reactions: Order 66
Using the fact that it has 4GB of GDDR5...
While I'd love for this to fix it for the OP, I really don't think it's a 4 GB card. Everybody else with one of these has called it 1 GB, and it's only got 4 VRAM chips, which seem more likely to be 256 MB each than 1024 MB (compare to the 16 on the R9 290 4 GB).

The OPs card 'works' except in virtually all games when it crashes; my guess is that the main cause is trying to write to non-existent VRAM, 4 GB being reported on a 1 GB card.

While I'd love for this to fix it for the OP, I really don't think it's a 4 GB card. Everybody else with one of these has called it 1 GB, and it's only got 4 VRAM chips, which seem more likely to be 256 MB each than 1024 MB (compare to the 16 on the R9 290 4 GB).

The OPs card 'works' except in virtually all games when it crashes; my guess is that the main cause is trying to write to non-existent VRAM, 4 GB being reported on a 1 GB card.
I was just going off of what GPU-Z said but now that you mention it, I think that you're right. Even though TPU lists a BIOS for a GTS 450 with 4GB of GDDR5, the time period for a 4GB card isn't correct and I also can't find any actual existence of any 4GB card that has a GF116 at its heart.

I got the BIOS that I showed from TPU's VGA BIOS Collection by selecting GDDR5 as the VRAM type and selecting 4096MB as the amount. That gave me a list of cards to choose from and the only one in the list that had the GF116 was the GTS 450 so that's what I posted. What you're saying makes sense but it also puts us back to square one because with only 1GB of VRAM, it's no longer obvious which card it is. There are four cards that fit the description of a GF116 with 1024MB and they are:
GT 545 OEM
GTS 450 rev.2
GTS 450 rev.3
GTX 550 Ti

The problem now is that if the VRAM is faked, the GPU type may also be faked. I think that perhaps the OP should try the driver that I linked to because if it really is a GTS 450, the nVidia driver will work and maybe it will be able to identify what the card is.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
it was rampant enough back then that typing "GTS 450 1050ti scam" on youtube, even today, is going to get several videos of it. The scammers back then sold these fakes for 48-50 USD each.

the scammer who scammmed the OP increased price. Probably to make it look legit.

safe thing to do is always buy in places that offer returns and have warranty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts