Question Fallout 4 netwerk limiter

Nov 21, 2022
When I play fallout 4 my download speed and upload speed get reduced by like 99%.
I have tried to play fallout in the steam offline mode and it still does the same. (I have a LAN connection)

This is normally my internet speed.

This is with discord and fallout 4 active.

This is with only fallout 4 active, it's the same with steam on offline mode.

I know Fallout4 is a singleplayer game, I know it shouldn't use internet, and it doesn't seem like it does, when I look at my data usage it doesn't show up, when I look at taskmanager while it is running it also doesn't say it uses my network.

laptop specs:
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
Device ID 0A910793-44A8-429C-A0FD-AA99AE3A5930
Product ID 00342-21981-98623-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU

Realtek PCLe Familly Controller

If anything else is needed just ask, im happy to provide since I desperatly need answers.

kanewolf

Titan
When I play fallout 4 my download speed and upload speed get reduced by like 99%.
I have tried to play fallout in the steam offline mode and it still does the same. (I have a LAN connection)

This is normally my internet speed.

This is with discord and fallout 4 active.

This is with only fallout 4 active, it's the same with steam on offline mode.

I know Fallout4 is a singleplayer game, I know it shouldn't use internet, and it doesn't seem like it does, when I look at my data usage it doesn't show up, when I look at taskmanager while it is running it also doesn't say it uses my network.

laptop specs:
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
Device ID 0A910793-44A8-429C-A0FD-AA99AE3A5930
Product ID 00342-21981-98623-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU

Realtek PCLe Familly Controller

If anything else is needed just ask, im happy to provide since I desperatly need answers.
What motherboard do you have? Many motherboards come with software to "optimize" your network for gaming. That software messes with your download performance. It definitely sounds like you have something like that running. The ROG GameFirst software is an example of that software, but other manufacturers have similar software.

Nov 21, 2022
What motherboard do you have? Many motherboards come with software to "optimize" your network for gaming. That software messes with your download performance. It definitely sounds like you have something like that running. The ROG GameFirst software is an example of that software, but other manufacturers have similar software.

This should be the motherboard right?
I do have a Lenovo app, but I don't think it has anything else than "wifi security"
I will try to disable this and see what it does though.

Thanks!

Update:
It didn't change anything

kanewolf

Titan

TRENDING THREADS