Question Fan command r devises refuse to work.

Aug 30, 2021
Just recently built my new PC, mobo is a x570 Xtreme, running windows 10. Now everything is working great, except the rgb fan commander that came with the mobo, and the corsairs commander pro don't work.

The system detects the commanders in icue but I can't customize or change them in anyway, including the aio pump connected to the Corsair commander. Everything appears to be working in device manager, and it's not the internal 9 pin header, as I've even bought an adapter to connect it to a normal USB 3.0. Same symptoms.

Now, I've scoured the web for this problem and have found others with it, but never a solution. Please, please someone help me before I go insane.

alexander.teleki

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Mate I literally just built my machine with the X570 Xtreme and the included fan commander from Gigabyte is a huge hit and miss - sometimes it'll detect it and work, but almost always it never detects it too :(
Still haven't found a solution though I was able to get it to work ONCE when I unplugged each of the fans from the commander, and it's SATA power and connection to the mobo. But as soon as I rebooted the computer, it stopped working again.

I've reached out to Gigabyte and they said "it's an issue with the motherboard", so now I have to RMA the entire board, disassemble the rig and send it back to the dealer for a replacement :(

Aug 30, 2021
Mate I literally just built my machine with the X570 Xtreme and the included fan commander from Gigabyte is a huge hit and miss - sometimes it'll detect it and work, but almost always it never detects it too :(
Still haven't found a solution though I was able to get it to work ONCE when I unplugged each of the fans from the commander, and it's SATA power and connection to the mobo. But as soon as I rebooted the computer, it stopped working again.

I've reached out to Gigabyte and they said "it's an issue with the motherboard", so now I have to RMA the entire board, disassemble the rig and send it back to the dealer for a replacement :(
Let me know how that goes, it's weird that every USB device works except RGB related ones, if it is a mobo problem makes me wonder what happened to make it say f*ck these devices in particular.

TRENDING THREADS