Question Fan cooling?

Sep 26, 2022
There was a post mentioning this a few years ago but now sure if it will get seen now if I posted on it, so I'll ask here;

I wonder if the idea of refrigerated fans would fare better than something like an A/C along with water cooling.

As ambient temps are fine, but fluctuate with temps naturally being hotter in hotter climates, something like this might just keep temps steady and keep things cool(?)

Would something like this be as much of a problem with condensation as say, a refrigerated mechanism?

USAFRet

Titan
Too much hassle for zero gain.

Unless the system is actually thermal throttling. (100C or so) reducing temps is a hobby, not a need.
Components are built to run a full capacity, right up to that limit.

Going from 80C to 70C is good only for bragging rights.

Refrigeration or A/C.....too much work and fail potential, for no real gain.

Reactions: Barty1884

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I wonder if the idea of refrigerated fans would fare better than something like an A/C along with water cooling.

I've read this a few times and can't quite figure out what you're asking.... refrigerated fans?

As said above, the risk/reward just isn't there. Absolute best-case, you get a couple of boost-bins on your GPU.... and introduce potential condensation (depending on how drastically chilled we're talking).

There's almost always a 'better' (and in no risk to hardware) solution - be it a different form of conventional cooler, faster fans, or a case with better airflow.

Unless you're running 100% fan speeds, on the 'best' contacting cooler out there, with an open-air test bench and still throttling, there's always something better and safer that could be done.