[SOLVED] Fan does not spin but GPU still works

Chris_2711

Commendable
Aug 18, 2019
Hey there, I have a Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC single fan and the fan does not work. The GPU itself, however, DOES work and displays a video output. What happens is, I turn on the PC and for 1s it turns on as the PC boots up then stops spinning. I am not sure if it is supposed to spin when it reaches a certain temperature but I have not checked that yet. I am not sure if the PSU could also be the problem? Anyways my system:

CPU: i5 760
Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M
RAM: 8GB DDR3
PSU: 450W PowerLogic (Magnum 250?) [Old]
Am using a 6 pin to a 2 4 molex pin that I got from EBay.

Please Help!! Thanks

Solution
I think your current PSU model is not sufficient for the 7790. Which brand is that ? Never heard of it before, Power Logic that is. Don't use molex adapters to power up any GPU.

I wouldn't use this PSU brand on any gaming PC. though. Get a quality PSU model.
I think your current PSU model is not sufficient for the 7790. Which brand is that ? Never heard of it before, Power Logic that is. Don't use molex adapters to power up any GPU.

I wouldn't use this PSU brand on any gaming PC. though. Get a quality PSU model.

Solution
Is this your PSU ? 12 AMP on the +12V rail ? It also says real power is only 230 Watts.

powerlogic_magnum_250_psu_endgameyourexcess_1555225917_06fafd45.jpg

Chris_2711

Commendable
Aug 18, 2019
Well the PSU came in with the PowerLogic Mid Tower from 2005-2010?
Is there a place I could get cables to power my GPU or a cheap PSU with 6-pins to power my GPU? Thanks!