Question "Fan error 90b" on HP Pavilion dv6 laptop ?

Aug 6, 2021
I have fan problem with my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. When turning on it shows "fan error 90b" and i don't hear the fan spinning . So i disassambled the laptop to see the fan. So now i can see the fan i turned the laptop on and the fan just spins for 1 second and stops and it does this repeatedly. So then i searched for solutions how to fix this problem. I tried all these solutions:

• cleaning the fan
  • cleaning radiators
  • checking fan wires
  • checking if the fan is stuck
  • replacing thermal-paste
  • changing thermal-pads
  • resetting bios by taking out cmos battery
  • updating bios
None of those solutions worked. But sometimes the fan spins normally for 10 seconds and then starts doing the same start stop thing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Could see if its windows:

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

all this does is stops non Microsoft programs from running at startup. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

what power plan are you running in windows?