[SOLVED] fan for Ryzen 5 2600x

Nov 30, 2021
We are intending to upgrade my sons computer to a Ryzen 5 2600X with the stock Wraith Spire . We know the mother board etc is compatible, however we are wondering if its possible to install the Wraith Spire Socket AM4 4 pin, Led fan instead ? On the packaging says it's for Ryzen 7 . Is it even possible to install this for the Ryzen 5 2600X and is it beneficial ? We don't intend to overclock . We are new to the world of upgrading and changing so any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The mounting for the AM4 fans are (mostly) all the same. The R7 cooler comes with a Red (by default) LED ring that will be on. If you have the capability you can attach the little header cable and control the color to some degree, as I recall. (I didn't use mine)

The bigger, square fan would also work so long as you kept ahold of the little latch blocks that came with the mobo.

Reactions: willowab12

logainofhades

Titan
A wraith spire LED is going to be the same performance as a non LED wraith spire. Now the Wraith Prism/max, is a much better cooler. For $30 you can get a great cooler, that looks nice too. I am using this on my 5800x, currently.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $29.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-30 15:21 EST-0500

Solution
Nov 30, 2021
The mounting for the AM4 fans are (mostly) all the same. The R7 cooler comes with a Red (by default) LED ring that will be on. If you have the capability you can attach the little header cable and control the color to some degree, as I recall. (I didn't use mine)

The bigger, square fan would also work so long as you kept ahold of the little latch blocks that came with the mobo.
thank you for the reply. I was just concerned the Ryzen 7 Wraith Spire would damage my sons computer, that was all . Is the only difference between the Wraith Spire stock over the Wraith Spire LED just the LED addition ? Is the fan stronger ? and is having a stronger fan better for the CPU ?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
thank you for the reply. I was just concerned the Ryzen 7 Wraith Spire would damage my sons computer, that was all . Is the only difference between the Wraith Spire stock over the Wraith Spire LED just the LED addition ? Is the fan stronger ? and is having a stronger fan better for the CPU ?

I am aware that the block between some of the models to be a bit more robust, IE the R3 vs the R7. Having a bigger block isn't going to hurt at all. So far as I am aware the fans are the same, but not sure if the stealth is slower/quieter than the spire models.