[SOLVED] Fan problems. Ugh!

Sep 5, 2021
I have recently decided to build my first PC. I opted for the (not so) mini ITX, NZXT 210i. I want to run 6 fans but I KNOW I don’t have the motherboard input for it with the Gigabyte b550i Pro AX. I HAVE 4 Corsair QL 120 RGBs for the interior: two on my AIO, one on the back and one on top. And two stock NZXT fans in front of my cooler to complete the push/pull. I only went with the Corsair due to the aesthetics but am now realizing that I don’t have the space to plug them all in. I have done a lot of research but can’t find anything definitive. My thought is to get an RGB hub and a fan hub and connect them all separately to those then the hubs to the mobo. Will this work? Also the hub for the Corsair fans has a SATA cable that I do not know how or where to plug in. I have seen them daisy chained from the PSU but my PSU (NZXT C 850) did not come with such a daisy chain nor can I find one anywhere to buy. First build and I am running into tons of problems. Typical noob. Thanks for any help.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can use a PWM fan splitter to manage the PWM for the fans. You can either have them all paired to the CPU_FAN header or the chassis fan header though you will need a fan on the CPU_FAN to avoid the no CPU fan/CPU Fan failure warning. The RGB end of the Corsair fans will be dealt with by the Commander hub you're going to get with the fans(if you're buying the triple fan pack) and the SATA connector for the Commander will pair with your PSU.

Make and model of the AIO? Might not want to mix and match fans, best have all the fans be the same specs.

Lutfij

Titan

You can use a PWM fan splitter to manage the PWM for the fans. You can either have them all paired to the CPU_FAN header or the chassis fan header though you will need a fan on the CPU_FAN to avoid the no CPU fan/CPU Fan failure warning. The RGB end of the Corsair fans will be dealt with by the Commander hub you're going to get with the fans(if you're buying the triple fan pack) and the SATA connector for the Commander will pair with your PSU.

Make and model of the AIO? Might not want to mix and match fans, best have all the fans be the same specs.

Reactions: HappyTrails
Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Would maybe suggest maybe if nzxt has case controller? Or maybe asus commander pro. It not cheapest answer but would do what you are asking. For me I bought motherboard with argb and pwn just to help with fans but like you finding its no ideal. So decided not to connect anything to mobo and now just let commander pro do it. Would say that commander pro and icue aren't perfect but seems like they are one of the better solutions for now. Can control fans and rgb so would make most of expensive QL fans. Have 7 LL120 fans, distro plate and rgb ram all controlled in icue so can run together with rgb profiles and even better if have the icue compatiable keyboard or mouse.

Sep 5, 2021

Most of this makes sense to me. Thankfully I remember how to read instead of just watching YouTube. Yet, how do I know which port is cpu_fan/ chassis fan? ? (Probably in my mobo booklet?) And where do I plug the sata cord from the rgb node ??

My AIO is NZXT KRAKEN X53. I’m starting to face the consequences of mixing and matching. I went with NZXT as much as possible. I just don’t like their fans.

Sep 5, 2021
Would maybe suggest maybe if nzxt has case controller? Or maybe asus commander pro. It not cheapest answer but would do what you are asking. For me I bought motherboard with argb and pwn just to help with fans but like you finding its no ideal. So decided not to connect anything to mobo and now just let commander pro do it. Would say that commander pro and icue aren't perfect but seems like they are one of the better solutions for now. Can control fans and rgb so would make most of expensive QL fans. Have 7 LL120 fans, distro plate and rgb ram all controlled in icue so can run together with rgb profiles and even better if have the icue compatiable keyboard or mouse.

the NZXT case actually came with a hub but it only has 3 fan ports and 2 rgb ports. And none of the Corsair fans even plug into it. It’s weird how the same types of fans have different plugs. I also have rgb ram and have zero clue how I am going to sync that with my fans. Haha. Pretty sure even my mobo is rgb. I’m going to have to fiddle with some software to get all this synced.