[SOLVED] Fan Question

Oct 10, 2019
Hi, I don't really have any space in the back of my PC for a rear fan, is it NEEDED to have a rear case fan? I have 2 fans on the top of my PC and 3 fans in the front.

Solution
So what makes you think that doesn't have a rear fan location?

Front: 3 x 120mm fan (3 x 120mm RGB LED fan Included) / 2 x 140mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120mm fan

Top: 2 x 120mm / 2 x 140mm fan

Obviously, it does. For this case I'd recommend that you use two or three front intakes, using the middle and bottom locations in front if you only use two, and then use the rear and top rear, as exhaust fan locations.

453eb4427b4ad9085291e1ffae9d8aeb.jpg
That depends entirely on the design of the case. It is usually PREFERRED that there be a rear fan at or near the top back of the case, but if there is a top TOP rear fan, it may not be necessary although it would still be beneficial.

What is your case model? Is it an OEM style case, rather than an aftermarket one?

It also depends HIGHLY on the hardware you have. If you don't have a high thermal design power graphics card and CPU, then it may not be essential at all. What are your hardware specifications?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm. Really all depends on the type of cpu cooler you have. If you have a radial cooler (like stock) or an aio, then rear exhaust is unnecessary, top fans work just as well, if not better, air/heat doesn't like to bend 90° sideways. The only time is really necessary for a rear exhaust is with a tower cooler, since the cooler exhaust is aimed directly at that fan (unless you turn the cooler to face upwards)

Rear exhaust is a leftover from old AT cases, where there was no top fans, but top fans just make more sense.

Oct 10, 2019
That depends entirely on the design of the case. It is usually PREFERRED that there be a rear fan at or near the top back of the case, but if there is a top TOP rear fan, it may not be necessary although it would still be beneficial.

What is your case model? Is it an OEM style case, rather than an aftermarket one?

It also depends HIGHLY on the hardware you have. If you don't have a high thermal design power graphics card and CPU, then it may not be essential at all. What are your hardware specifications?
Corsair crystal 570X

Oct 10, 2019
Hmm. Really all depends on the type of cpu cooler you have. If you have a radial cooler (like stock) or an aio, then rear exhaust is unnecessary, top fans work just as well, if not better, air/heat doesn't like to bend 90° sideways. The only time is really necessary for a rear exhaust is with a tower cooler, since the cooler exhaust is aimed directly at that fan (unless you turn the cooler to face upwards)

Rear exhaust is a leftover from old AT cases, where there was no top fans, but top fans just make more sense.
I have the cooler master hyper 212 evo black

So what makes you think that doesn't have a rear fan location?

Front: 3 x 120mm fan (3 x 120mm RGB LED fan Included) / 2 x 140mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120mm fan

Top: 2 x 120mm / 2 x 140mm fan

Obviously, it does. For this case I'd recommend that you use two or three front intakes, using the middle and bottom locations in front if you only use two, and then use the rear and top rear, as exhaust fan locations.

453eb4427b4ad9085291e1ffae9d8aeb.jpg

Reactions: Karadjgne
Solution