supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hello i own Zotac Mini 1050TI 4GB DDR5 graphics card and the problem im facing right now is that fan seems to be sort of malfunctioning..
When i turn pc on it starts buzzing like a little by little increasing in noise level,and until it reaches like 30-45 minutes of use it starts rattling so much its like unbearable to listen to it...
Now my question is should lubricating fan help with stopping thhe rattle(im waiting for ifixit set to be delievered),or should i replace entire fan and does someone know serial number of fan(if its unique on all 1050ti zotac mini cards) so i can look it up on web?
Thanks in advance :)

Solution
This GPU?

Zotac Mini 1050TI 4GB DDR5 graphics card

I would not attempt to lubricate or otherwise do anything that could void the graphics card's warranty.

The rattling may be due to some physical issue that gets worse as the computer warms up.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connections, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated or connected as applicable.

Inspect around the GPU and fan. Check that all screws, brackets, etc. are secure by using the applicable screwdriver. Do not over tighten.

Look for any signs of buckling, bending, or movement that could/would increase as the computer warms up.

May not necessarily be the card either...

Ralston18

Titan
This GPU?

I would not attempt to lubricate or otherwise do anything that could void the graphics card's warranty.

The rattling may be due to some physical issue that gets worse as the computer warms up.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connections, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated or connected as applicable.

Inspect around the GPU and fan. Check that all screws, brackets, etc. are secure by using the applicable screwdriver. Do not over tighten.

Look for any signs of buckling, bending, or movement that could/would increase as the computer warms up.

May not necessarily be the card either. Perhaps something else moving and eventually comes in contact with the fan.

I would not expect the fan itself to have a unique serial number. Likely some product number or perhaps a model number if anything at all.

Possibly proprietary.

Solution

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
This GPU?

May not necessarily be the card either. Perhaps something else moving and eventually comes in contact with the fan.

I would not expect the fan itself to have a unique serial number. Likely some product number or perhaps a model number if anything at all.

Possibly proprietary.
Well card isnt under warranty tho,and i dont think it has anything to do with case either(since its been like 3 days since i've placed it all in nzxt h510),because like when i've tested it outside case(whille i was waiting for case to arrive) same thing happend,and after rattling started i've shut down pc and after i started it there was no rattle at all.
Same exact thing happened today i've started pc i think 4 times today in total,in 3 of them i've had rattle,and i've powered the system last time 3 and half hours ago(its still working)and there was absolutely no rattle at all.
Its just so confusing,i've never experienced something like this with graphics card in general like ever haha.
Cheers mate

Ralston18

Titan
So intermittent rattle outside of the case - correct?

Any change or difference in the rattle depending on how the GPU card is positioned or oriented?

Any dust, debris, or other goo/gunk on any of the fan blades?

Any signs of blades making contact with the fan blade housing?

With system powered down and unplugged can you feel if the fan blades will wobble or otherwise move along the axle beyond just the expected spin?

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
So intermittent rattle outside of the case - correct?

Any change or difference in the rattle depending on how the GPU card is positioned or oriented?

Any dust, debris, or other goo/gunk on any of the fan blades?

Any signs of blades making contact with the fan blade housing?

With system powered down and unplugged can you feel if the fan blades will wobble or otherwise move along the axle beyond just the expected spin?
Yup,i've recorded a vid to try to explain it a little better,although i've had couple brain freezes since i've been recording it for the first time and here is link to it
Zotac 1050ti mini trying to figure out problem - YouTube

Ralston18

Titan
"Gremlins" :)

Perhaps some tiny bit of debris that bounced around inside the fan and finally got blown out.

No idea really so all that can be done, I think, is to keep an eye on things. Not just the fan either - immediately look into any other problems that crop up.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
"Gremlins" :)

Perhaps some tiny bit of debris that bounced around inside the fan and finally got blown out.

No idea really so all that can be done, I think, is to keep an eye on things. Not just the fan either - immediately look into any other problems that crop up.
Hahah yeah i hope so it was that,not really fancing to gpu die on me in this wonderfull market state,i just hope so until the end of next year it will be possible to upgrade system like with rtx 2060/2070 maybe if i find good deal on rtx 3060 i think thats the max my bequiet pure power 11 600w gold can pull :)
But yeah noone can predict that,i just hope etherium going to proof of stake will shift market at some point :)

TRENDING THREADS