[SOLVED] Fan RPM keeps fluctuating ?

Feb 16, 2021
I recently installed a Coolermaster ML240L on my computer ( not needed but buddy had one and never ended up using it and sold to me for cheap)

I have noticed though that the fans keep jumping from around 550rpm - 871 and then back down. The Ysplitter is hooked up to CPU fan on the MOBO, and pump is hooked up to System Fan slot
(The pump seems to be running fine)
i have a lenovo MOBO with no Fan Control Bios, and have tried numerous Fan Control Softwares to try to adjust them with no luck..

Ive got a I7 4790
RX 580 Graphics card
Lenovo Sharkbay Nok Mobo
16GB of Ram.

I have tried changing the slot the fans are hooked up to, Reversed them from CPU to System Fan, and even AUX Fan1 slot.

Any suggestions or ideas to solve this issue?

Solution
you could get a separate fan controller, if the CPU fan header doesn´t need to be plugged in to run the system correctly without error messages
Feb 16, 2021
Which pre-built system is it exactly? model number please

update the BIOS of the moterboard if available

which fan software did you try?

Ive tried FanControl V67 (ony one that showed my system fan and CPU fan), SpeedFan, Argus Monitor,

For model number, this shows up on the Lenovo Support page (I bought the computer pre built from a guy where i live.. so no lenovo case or anything)

Serial Number - MJ01GEDW and it says its a M98p Desktop (Thinkcentre) - Type 10A8 if that helps. I also did a bios update yesterday to see if it would fix anything but no luck.

Feb 16, 2021
Why do you use a splitter cable?
How hot is the CPU getting?

I'm using a splitter as it came with two radiator fans, which instructions said to hook up with included fans.

Cpu temp.. IDLE is about 25-31, under load usually sits between 40-45, and heavy from gaming usually 50-55