Question Fan tuning warranty problem

Sep 14, 2024
Hello,

I just got my 7900xtx, I don't have any cooling problems but I would still like to tune my fans.
On the AMD Software: Adrenaline, I click on "Custom tuning" under the Performance -> Tuning tab. However, when I do so, I receive a message stating I would be forced to end user license agreement (EULA) which would void my warranty.

Why does this happen? I've never had to do this on my old laptops/PCs, do I have an outdated version of the software?

if you've prohibited the ramping up of fans then you could be contributing to the degradation of the card by forcing it to run above their default temperatures.
if you have caused degradation, or outright damage, to the card by having it operate too hot they do not want to be liable and have to replace the card.

i would remove any AMD Adrenaline software and only use their base GPU drivers.

you can always just use a 3rd party software like Afterburner for manual fan control.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could use MSI's afterburner and then tune the fans instead of using AMD's app. I'm curious to learn why you'd want to tune the fans...? Please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Sep 14, 2024
if you've prohibited the ramping up of fans then you could be contributing to the degradation of the card by forcing it to run above their default temperatures.
if you have caused degradation, or outright damage, to the card by having it operate too hot they do not want to be liable and have to replace the card.

i would remove any AMD Adrenaline software and only use their base GPU drivers.

you can always just use a 3rd party software like Afterburner for manual fan control.
Oh no, my intention is to do the opposite, I want the fans to be running at lower temperatures, and ramp up even higher afterwards.

If I remove AMD adrenaline and use the 3rd party software I won't be subjected to losing out on warranty?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sep 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could use MSI's afterburner and then tune the fans instead of using AMD's app. I'm curious to learn why you'd want to tune the fans...? Please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Hi, thank you,

I am a new PC user, I usually ALWAYS gamed on laptop. I am SICK of temperature problems and unnecessary degradation of my computer parts. So I want to tune the gpu fans to work even at 40 degrees. Right now my gpu fans only start working at 51 degrees.

As for the specs of my build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
CPU cooler: AK620 deepcool
Motherboard: Tuf Gaming B650-E Wifi
Ram: 32 (2x16) GB Ripjaws ddr5 6000
SSD/HDD: 2xM2 (One with 1TB and the other with 2TB)
GPU: 7900xtx
PSU: seasonic px1200W
Chassis: Lian li O11 d evo
Monitor: Tuf gaming Asus VG1A series

Thank you for your reply.

Sep 14, 2024
but they do not know that, nor can they prove what your intentions would be using their software to manually control the fans.
so just letting you decide to void the warranty keeps a large portion of users from fidgeting with the fan speeds.
Yeah I get it, especially after seeing the amount of people who prioritize less sound over temperature.
Either way, would afterburner let me do this without the warranty problem popping up?
I noticed that the software is mostly catered to those who want to overclock their setups.