Fangbook III HX6 Gaming Notebook Has Intel, Nvidia Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Awesome price for the specs, I remember paying the same amount for a 4710HQ and an 850M just a month ago. Guess the pricing has gone down with the new 9xx series GPUs beginning to be released.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Glad this laptop can be upgraded to a 4940MX extreme CPU! All the new MSI and Asus laptops have soldered CPUs but this one is socketed thank goodness.
One could buy this laptop with the 4710MQ and a few years later upgrade to the 4940MX for a relatively cheap upgrade.
In order for a gaming laptop to be an enthusiast/engineering laptop, it has to have a superior CPU!

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Looks like a ROG clone, also couldn't they have come up with something better than FangBook? When I read that I'm either thinking FaceBook or a pejorative for homosexuals.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Looks like a ROG clone, also couldn't they have come up with something better than FangBook? When I read that I'm either thinking FaceBook or a pejorative for homosexuals.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Looks like a ROG clone, also couldn't they have come up with something better than FangBook? When I read that I'm either thinking FaceBook or a pejorative term for something else.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Awesome price for the specs, I remember paying the same amount for a 4710HQ and an 850M just a month ago. Guess the pricing has gone down with the new 9xx series GPUs beginning to be released.
Why would you want to upgrade a laptop processor? They are usually designed for the thermal limits of X processor so upgrading a processor is a bad idea unless the thermal limits are near exactly the same.
I think that all laptops are going to go the soldered CPU route soon.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Why would you want to upgrade a laptop processor? They are usually designed for the thermal limits of X processor so upgrading a processor is a bad idea unless the thermal limits are near exactly the same.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I'm guessing you meant to quote me. Some of these laptops have powerful fans and so they have some thermal headroom to go. The MSI GT60/GT70 for instance fully supports the 4940MX processor. If you can buy the laptop with a cheaper processor then there is a cheap upgrade path when that extreme CPU becomes cheap.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I'm guessing you meant to quote me. Some of these laptops have powerful fans and so they have some thermal headroom to go. The MSI GT60/GT70 for instance fully supports the 4940MX processor. If you can buy the laptop with a cheaper processor then there is a cheap upgrade path when that extreme CPU becomes cheap.

This laptop supports the 4940MX CPU so why not upgrade later rather than buy it new with the most expensive CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.