[SOLVED] Fans changes

Nov 20, 2019
I have Cooler Master nr600 case with

3 front intake fans (noctua nfp12redux 1700-rpm)
top 2 exhaust fans (cooler master pro 120 air pressure)
1 rear exhaust fan (cooler master pro 120 air pressure).

Until now the tempratures are nomral i think:
max temp to cpu(Ryzen 5 2400g +be quiet Rock 4 ) is 60 c
gpu(amd rx 580 sapphire nitro+ special edition) 65-70 c.
I am using this pc for gaming (Destiny 2,Pubg,R6S,LOL,etc.)

I am thinking to change the 2 top 120mm fans with 2 140mm fans.
Whats your opinion fabout fans position and the change I want to make?

Thanks a lot.

Solution
Just two thaughts right away:
  • Bigger fan diameter is usually good for lowering noise - because of lower rpm. But in the other hand, it probably will generate less pressure difference compared to smaller fans - but that depends on how much air flow would have passed without any fans at the top.
  • Dust. Lower pressure or air intake at low points on cabinet are dust collectors. If you find something to elevate the cabinet from the floor, it may reduce the amount of dust collected over time considerably. You don't need more than a few inches of height to get a result.
  • Bigger fan diameter is usually good for lowering noise - because of lower rpm. But in the other hand, it probably will generate less pressure difference compared to smaller fans - but that depends on how much air flow would have passed without any fans at the top.
  • Dust. Lower pressure or air intake at low points on cabinet are dust collectors. If you find something to elevate the cabinet from the floor, it may reduce the amount of dust collected over time considerably. You don't need more than a few inches of height to get a result.

Reactions: JimSterg and atljsf
Solution
Nov 20, 2019
Thanks a lot i will think about it.