[SOLVED] fans corsair 275Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2020
I'm quite new to PC building and have bought a Corsair Carbide 275Q cabinet, and are wondering about the best fan placement. What confuses me even more is that there is this magnetic plate (Sound dampening) at the top that obviously has to be removed if I use top fan placement. This makes the whole top open basically. Will this not create wrong pressure?

I have been considering this placement. 3 120mm fans intake and 2 120mm fans exhaust. +2 on the CPU. Will I have to cover the top (There are no filter or anything there).
I have 2 NF-P12 Redux already. Thinking about placing them as exhaust. I was consider 3 more of these for intake, but are tempted to go with 3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM. Not sure if the difference is noticeable. (The price is though...)

EDIT (system)
Motherboard:
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX2060 Dual Evo OC
CPU: IntelCore i7-10700
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black Edition
Drives: WD black SN750 1tb SSD / WD Blue 500gb / Seagate BaraCuda 2TB
RAM: 2x 8 GB Corsair Vegeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490P

Today I have the supplied 120mm corsair fan exhaust and intake + added a NF-P12 Redux top exhaust and also one intake. I plan to replace the corsair ones and move both NF-p12 redux to exhaust in the back and buy 3 NF-A12x25 PWM for intake. (or possibly the NF-P12 since my system is not a high performance system in any way).

I also ordered a corsair dust cover for the top, Not sure if its neccessary.

Image of the fan placement that I am thinking about.
https://flic.kr/ps/VDDMf

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Also include the make and model of the fans and quantity. Then we can start gauging how to best orient your fans in the case. Ideally you should have all the fans be of the same make and model to avoid the wrong airflow and also to manage the connectors and cables. make sure your intake is equal to exhaust, so if you have 3 fans in the front as intake, have the rear and top set to exhaust.

Yes you will need to remove the top cover if you plan on getting air out that end. If the top cover is removed, the only time dust will settle on to the top is when the system is powered down.

Lutfij

Titan
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Also include the make and model of the fans and quantity. Then we can start gauging how to best orient your fans in the case. Ideally you should have all the fans be of the same make and model to avoid the wrong airflow and also to manage the connectors and cables. make sure your intake is equal to exhaust, so if you have 3 fans in the front as intake, have the rear and top set to exhaust.

Yes you will need to remove the top cover if you plan on getting air out that end. If the top cover is removed, the only time dust will settle on to the top is when the system is powered down.

Solution
Oct 5, 2020
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Hi there, thanks for the answer and the tips. I have updated my tread with the information that I forgot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.