Question Fans have stopped working, what do I have to do ?

Apr 19, 2024
Hello everyone! My PC has a total of 5 fans, and 4 have stopped working and I don't know what to do about it. I had a problem with one of my fans before and today I wanted to fix it, so I opened the back and tried to disconnect the one fan. They are connected to this thing (see picture here: ), but I don't know if all 5 are connected to it. So I didn't know which cable was the one for the one fan I was having trouble with, so I just unplugged the one on the bottom left. I turned my PC back on to see which fan was affected, but all the fans, except the one in the center above the motherboard, were not working. I panicked, shut down my PC, plugged the cable back in and turned it back on. But my fans have been silent ever since. What the hell did I do wrong? Even the rear fan stopped working, and I never had that problem before! What do I need to do here?

I would be so happy for any kind of help!

Apr 19, 2024
its a fan hub

The 4 top connections are all the fans, the bottom one with the 4 cables going in is to power them.

What case is it?

did you unplug PC when playing with the fans?
I don't know what case it is... And I didn't unplug my PC. Is there maybe a loose connection or something, or was it not a good idea to play with the fans while my PC was still connected to power?

Colif

Win 11 Master
All unplugging it should have done is stopped the one fan, not stopped all of them.

its an 8 fan rgb hub,

its possible its shorted out the hub and all your fans are attached to it, so that won't work until you replace it. Just a guess.

I have to guess you didn't make the PC, since you don't know what case it is. Is it a premade PC?

not sure what the cable on the top is for.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I expect that the item you show in your photo is NOT involved in this problem. That shows an ARGB Hub - it ONLY powers and controls the LIGHTS in your fans' frames. It has NOTHING to do with fan MOTORS.

Go to your fans and look closely. Each should have TWO cables. ONE from each will go to the ARGB Hub you have shown. Trace the OTHER cables back and they may all go to a different Hub for fan motors. That unit should have two cables NOT to the fans. ONE will go to a power output connector from the PSU. The other should go to a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN header. Check both ends of BOTH of those cables for a loose connection to where it is supposed to be plugged in.

Reactions: MissyMagnificent