[SOLVED] Fans on, lights on, No post and no beeps

Mar 3, 2020
Hi all,

First time building a PC and I am having a bit of trouble. When I power on the CPU fan will spin and the RGB lights come on but there is no post. My graphics card fans will spin at the start and then stop and I have also noticed that my keyboard and mouse wont lighting up. What i have done trouble shooting wise so far - Ensured all the cables are plugged in properly. Taken out the ram and tried in different slots. Tried taking the motherboard out of the case and booting from there. I have inserted a speaker but do not get any beeps. I have also reinserted the graphics card. I highly doubt it is the CPU as I was very careful to insert that carefully. Made sure that I was grounded the entire time as well. Any help would be really appreciated this has become a headache and a half!

My build -
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with wraith
Thermaltake litepower gen 2 650W power supply
GTX 1660 super EX OC 6gb
Samsun 860 Evo 2.5in SATS SSD 500gb
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
AS ROCK B450MHDV R4 Motherboard

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That PSU is something I'd never have anywhere near a computer. You might want to borrow a PSU that is reliably built, something from Seasonic or at the very least a CX 550W unit from Corsair to rule out a power related issue.

Lutfij

Titan

That PSU is something I'd never have anywhere near a computer. You might want to borrow a PSU that is reliably built, something from Seasonic or at the very least a CX 550W unit from Corsair to rule out a power related issue.

Solution
Mar 3, 2020

Hi thank you for your reply!

Why wouldn't you use that power supply? It's 650w and I thought it was bronze cert as well? But that could indeed be what's causing the issue!