Question Fans on new Zotac 3080 Ti won't spin down on idle ?

Mar 28, 2023
Hi, so I recently got a 3080ti and it's been running amazingly, performance is great. The only issue is when I'm not gaming it sounds like a jet engine which is quite annoying when just casually browsing chrome on my desktop etc, something not power intensive. I totally understand why it would run like that while gaming and I don't mind.

So i've tried using MSI afterburner and firestorm and I've been able to get the 2nd fan to turn off but I can't seem to control the 1st fan? It's always constantly running at a high RPM and that's why it sounds so bad. Temps are pretty good too, 35c on desktop and upwards of 60-70c while gaming for a long period of time.

Here's the video of what's happening (it looks like I'm controlling one, but I'm doing both. I've tried fan sync and setting each one individually, it didn't work): https://streamable.com/ypua61

Lastly, the middle one is shut off because it would've hit one of my sata cables, the guy who put it in I believe did it like that. Temps are still great though as mentioned earlier.

Specs:
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200mhz

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

850w Gold Corsair PSU

Motherboard: B450m Ds3h Gigabyte

GPU: I'll copy the name from amazon: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti Trinity OC 12GB GDDR6X 384-bit 19 Gbps PCIE 4.0 Graphics Card, IceStorm 2.0 Advanced Cooling, Spectra 2.0 RGB Lighting

Quick edit: When I'm in the bios the fans spin normally and it's all good before I login into windows. Drivers are updated, and I tried to different versions but it was the same.

Last edited: