Question Fans revving randomly.

Dec 9, 2019
So upfront: kind of a novice here.

So I have recently noticed the fans on my corsair h115i have started revving up randomly.

I checked and my CPU (i7 7700k not overclocked) was sitting at 71°C at 70% load with only chrome and wow running.

I checked and the block wasn't hot to the touch. I turned off wow and everything else and cpu temp went down to arpund 35-40°C.

I haven't replaced the thermal paste in the 2 years Ihave had the cooler and have just been using the stock paste that came pre applied.

I was about to pull it off to check but then I realised I don't have any spare thermal paste in the house and its too late to go buy some.

So I was just hoping to see if you guys think I'm right and its just the paste or if something else is wrong.

70 is warm but nothing to get worried about for a start I would not bother about the thermal paste. install corsair link double click it adjust your fan curve corsair fans are noisy do yourself a favor and buy some NF-A14 140mm Noctua you will not hear the fans at all

Reactions: SacroWoW

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
Check your task manager also. Ive been having issues with certain processes eating immense cpu resources for no apparent reason. Tried xbox game pass beta for pc, Xbox gamebar using 70% of cpu resources at idle, and the occasional windows brainfart can do the same thing.