Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
Fractal Design Define 7 ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Noctua S12B redux-1200 PWM 59.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
Noctua A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

I want to be clear here. The fans don't stay on all the time. The problem is that even when starting any program, all the fans will kick on and depending on the the program, they stay on under load. Drives me crazy. It has been about a year since I built this but I do recall using the fan controller from the Fractal Design case. I ran them all to that fan controller I don't remember where on the Gigabyte X570 I connected it. I'm going to be exploring this tomorrow. I am replacing the EVGA 650W power supply with a 750W so that I can swap the video card for the Nvidia Trio RTX 3080. I figure while I'm in there doing that, I may as well get this fan issue resolved. I spent over 4k on this rig and it's probably the loudest one I've built in the past 30 years. If anyone has any initial thoughts, lmk. Otherwise, I will get some more detail once I open it and refresh my memory on where everything is connected.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and informational events that may have been captured when the problem started.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance when programs are started.

Use both Task Manager and Resource Monitor but only one at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using the resource.

Then open the case and take look.

Before doing anything else clean out dust and debris.

Re-seat by sight and feel all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Test the computer again and post the results.

Do not change anything or introduce a new component unless it is very clear that doing so will solve the problem.

If changes are made then make changes only one change at a time in case something goes astray and you need to undo the change.

And, as always, ensure that all data is backed up, proven recoverable and readable.

This is very easy to fix.

You have to make your CPU spikes in temp while you're at idle. You open any program and you look at how high the temperature goes a few time.

If your 3900X spike to 55C than you go in your BIOS (I have the same board) and you go in that fan curve section and you put fan curve to be quiet UNDER 55C. So now when your CPU spike in temp to 55C the fan will not rev up and down every second when you start something or just open a new chrome tab. The only thing you have to do is put the fan curve to be aggressive over the spike temperature and after that you will have a quiet system while you do desktop stuff and the only time it will rev faster is when you're in a game or doing some workstation stuff.