Far Cry 2 - Am I The Only One That Thinks It's Boring??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I've been playing it for a few days now and I'm trying really hard to like it but it's repetition is starting to annoy me. I spend more time driving to an objective than anything. I go pass the same locations over and over. This is Africa it takes place in right? So where are the Elephants, Lions, Hyenas and Giraffe? The outdoor environment looks cool but still not as good as the orignal FarCry in terms of Graphics or gameplay in my opinion. The game felt rushed to me. Like the should have developed it another year or so before releasing it.

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
'Am I The Only One That Thinks It's Boring??'

NO. Farting about for ten minutes to get a diamond case with....wait for it.....ONE BLOODY DIAMOND in it.

No no no. You are not alone in thinking this game is boring. Could have been amazing, as it is it is average.

AC

G

Yes it is boring, Feeling a little mad that money was spent on it, makes me understand why people prate games to check how they are before shelling up hard cash!

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
The game looks DAMN nice....still i felt the urge to reach over and turn my NES with super mario 3 on and play that instead....

Its such a pretty game...but beyond that its lacking...

It came with my graphics card...i told newegg it didn't so i got a 20$ credit which more then compensated for my dissapointment in farcry2...

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I was trying to play through it to see how it ends but I've given up and uninstalled it. I finally bought STALKER- Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. I heard they were pretty good FPS-ers. I'm kinda looking forward to playing Borderland.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I am the same way.
I dont see the plot or at least a reason to continue.
It would be interesting to find out the ending.
Someone had to think the game was worth making.

Its like driving fron New York to California with no radio.
You have to ask yourself
Why did I want to go to California?

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
LMAO, I agree with you all however I did manage to play thru the game until the end...and havent cut the game on since that day. The graphics are STUNNING at times but the gameplay does get repetitive with all the driving half way across the map each mission. I feel real sorry for the people who bought it on consoles and can only save at safe houses rather then anytime. To me that would have made the game unplayable.

But anyways, trust me, the ending was BULLSHIT. It's not hard to figure out what happens in the end but basically it makes the whole game pointless.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

Please tell me he finally dies of malaria.

h3llcat

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
I have actually finished Far Cry 2 but i found the entire games boring as Sh**.
I have never played a game that has a story line that jumps around so much.

And no he doesn't ever die of malaria the end of the game ends with one of those decisions similar to Fallout 3 where u need to chose to either do something heroic that's going to save the day but Ur going to die horribly or you can be a wimp and let someone else do something heroic while u get to live happily ever after.

Actually what really annoyed me about Far Cry 2 is the fact that everyone in the entire world wanted to kill me even though i was doing nothing wrong and just driving around in my little car but i have found this issue with a number of recent Crytec games they are spending allot of time making sure the world looks really pritty and they seem to forget that most people out there don't have a GTX 295 and cant play the game on full graphics anyway.

Take a look at this its good if u want a laugh about how bad Far Cry 2 is.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/510-Far-Cry-2

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

Ha Ha Ha Ha that's brilliant! I love the accent...it's so true.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Farcry2 is the biggest fail of a game I have ever played. Ubisoft took an amazing concept and f***ed it in the A**.

Last time I ever buy a game made by Ubi

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Agreed this game was pretty repetitive. i only completed like 75% of it before i completely gave up, and now that i reformated i cant even get my files back lol! so screw it!!!

and the graphics look awesome, but my 4870x2 even has problems running it maxed. ( problems as in not perfect lol )

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
me and friends played it at my cafe, probably played it for 2 days

then we played some other games, then more awesome games, belive me it looked top notch.. but right now when ir ead this, i went "far cry who?"

bad bad game =(

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

I didn't make it to the end either. I like that idea though. From now on that is how I will picture the ending.

hahaha, how to run over zebras...nice

coolkid9998

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
its boring? i might consider not getting it anymore then.
it looked like a really cool game, my bro played it on ps3 and he liked it, although i think its kinda funny how the guy in the game fixes EVERYTHING with just a simple socket wrench. lol.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
And the buddy system. If you really get hurt bad your buddy shows up to pull you out of the frying pan. Where was he during all the driving about? Why couldn't he share in some of the driving? The least he could do was man the turrent.
My Marine Corps drill instructor once told me," A buddy is someone that will go out in town and get 2 blow jobs and bring you one back".

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
far cry 2 was alright, but for the amount of money these companies are spending on making these games, you would think they could do better storywise and multiplayerwise since those are the 2 top reasons people will play games.

Godiwa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
I never reinstalled it after getting a new computer, dunno how far I got in it, it was great looking but it had major flaws and was very repetitive

Status
Not open for further replies.