Far Cry and Battlefield 3 MAXED out with 670MXs SLI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Will I be able to max out BF3 and Far Cry 3 with AT LEAST 50 fps with 670MXs SLI? W/ 240BG Intel SSD and i7 3840 CPU...

Do not reference notebookcheck.com. That sh** is bs. I want personal experience....

I ask because I do not want to spend the extra on 680Ms SLI. Will 670MXs SLI be good enough?

Solution

ahh, I suspected that. IMO, from personal experiences, I had a 17 inch gaming laptop when I started school and got extremely tired of lugging it around all the time. if at all possible, I would order/ship parts to your dorm and get a desktop. use the money saved from the difference to get a cheap ultrabook or something for taking notes, just my 2 cents :p

Anyway, hopefully someone will come buy and give you a better idea of how two 670MXs do in SLI
Sorry, do not have the personal experience, but from what I've read it should be able to do it for at least FC3, BF3 will depend on the map you're playing on but you should be getting maxed fps for the most part with a few dips here and there.

Mind if I ask why you're buying such a powerful laptop? something that powerful must have a battery to match and I can't imagine it would be very portable...

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Sager p370. Need a lappy for school. but also I am an enthusiast gamer. Not worried about the battery, as I am sure the life will be 30 minutes. That's why we have outlets. :)

Here is a site that lists benchmarks in the games you are talking about. I would say more then likely not with Far Cry 3 I would think with driver updates it probably has helped your cause with Far Cry 3. With Battlefield 3 I would say yes they don't list it but they list warfighter which uses the same engine and it gets almost 50 on the ultra preset.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-670MX-SLI.84588.0.html

ahh, I suspected that. IMO, from personal experiences, I had a 17 inch gaming laptop when I started school and got extremely tired of lugging it around all the time. if at all possible, I would order/ship parts to your dorm and get a desktop. use the money saved from the difference to get a cheap ultrabook or something for taking notes, just my 2 cents :p

Anyway, hopefully someone will come buy and give you a better idea of how two 670MXs do in SLI

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.