Far Cry + ti4200: Best Drivers?

61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest water
quality setting.

60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.

56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game. The
starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.

What are you guys running?

RM

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

44.03s are still the best for me. I have tried the 56.72s
but found compatibility problems with them. This is on W2Kpro + SP4 +Dx9.0b

<richard6121@excite.calm> wrote in message

> 61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest water
> quality setting.
>
> 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.
>
> 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game. The
> starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
>
> What are you guys running?
>
> RM

With the 4200 the most recent STABLE driver that you can use is 45.23. The
latest drivers are optimised for the FX series cards with DX9.

--
DaveW

<richard6121@excite.calm> wrote in message

> 61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest water
> quality setting.
>
> 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.
>
> 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game. The
> starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
>
> What are you guys running?
>
> RM

I'm running 56.72's on a Geforce4 ti 4400 with absolutely no problems
whatsoever. I also just bought an Athlon64 3200+ and I must say that it
makes a huge difference. With the same video card I am now running almost
all the graphical settings on high 2x AA, 1xAF at 1280x1024x32 and I'm
getting 40-45fps. I had this same video card in a 2.4 p4 last month and all
my settings were at medium-low with no AA, no AF and it was laggy (low fps).
A gig of mushkin ram in both systems. And the Amd64 is only running at
2.0Ghz.

Granted we aren't getting any DX9 with the older Geforce cards, but the
64bit chip is running my game amazingly well -now all I need is the Geforce6
or X800!

<richard6121@excite.calm> wrote in message

> 61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest water
> quality setting.
>
> 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.
>
> 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game. The
> starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
>
> What are you guys running?
>
> RM

>>61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest
>>water quality setting. 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the
>>game. 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the
>>game. The starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.

>With the 4200 the most recent STABLE driver that you can use is 45.23.
>The latest drivers are optimised for the FX series cards with DX9.

I grabbed 56.82 and it looks OK. The game freezes for 7-10 seconds every
so often but I think I might have my GPU clocked a little too fast.

If I go all the way back to 45.23, will I lose anything at all?

RM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 richard6121@excite.calm wrote:

>>>61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest
>>>water quality setting. 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the
>>>game. 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the
>>>game. The starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
>
>>With the 4200 the most recent STABLE driver that you can use is 45.23.
>>The latest drivers are optimised for the FX series cards with DX9.
>
>I grabbed 56.82 and it looks OK. The game freezes for 7-10 seconds every
>so often but I think I might have my GPU clocked a little too fast.
>
>If I go all the way back to 45.23, will I lose anything at all?

Well, a followup to my own message...

I installed 45.23 and the pausing stopped. I had to turn lighting qual
from medium down to low in order to stop my muzzle flashes from turning
the game into a slide-show. Funny thing is, I reset lighting back to
medium later on and it was fine.

Game looks the same, otherwise.

RM

richard6121@excite.calm a écrit :
> 61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest water
> quality setting.
>
> 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.
>
> 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game. The
> starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
>
> What are you guys running?
>
> RM

You might want to try 53.03 (2k, XP) or 53.04 (98, ME). It's by far the
best version for my Ti4600.

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."

56.64

Can't say if they are "best" , but they work for me.

"R.V. Gronoff" <regis.gronoffle_munster_du_frigo@ifrance.com> wrote in
message news:2i15mnFh201sU1@uni-berlin.de...
> richard6121@excite.calm a écrit :
> > 61.11 and 61.12 screw up the water on anything other than the lowest
water
> > quality setting.
> >
> > 60.85 screwed up just about every texture in the game.
> >
> > 56.72 had frequent crashes in nvcpl.dll but worked great in the game.
The
> > starstorm 56.72's were also crashy.
> >
> > What are you guys running?
> >
> > RM
> >

> You might want to try 53.03 (2k, XP) or 53.04 (98, ME). It's by far the
> best version for my Ti4600.
>
> --
> Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
> ICQ 248572128
>
> "Every morning I wake up
> on the wrong side of capitalism."

Torr

> With the 4200 the most recent STABLE driver that you can use is 45.23.
The
> latest drivers are optimised for the FX series cards with DX9.

That maybe so for you but im running 56.64 on my leadtek A250 (ti4200) with
no problems.
All games play fine .eg. bf1942 and vietnam, farcry, warcraft III, Medal of
Honour, Return to castle wolfstein, serious sam, NFS underground etc.

I did have problems with drivers 56.72 and 60.11 like RM

torr

> 56.64
>
> Can't say if they are "best" , but they work for me.

Same here. By the way, what does your name mean, Sept1967, if I might ask?

Since i've installed 60.x beta drivers, Farcry run much better with my
Geforce4 TI4200 !!!
You can try this site if you want to test it : www.guru3d.com

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, MaTheRyS wrote:

>Since i've installed 60.x beta drivers, Farcry run much better with my
>Geforce4 TI4200 !!! You can try this site if you want to test it :
>www.guru3d.com

How is the water in Far Cry when it's set to "very high" quality?

RM

richard6121@excite.calm <richard6121@excite.calm> wrote:

> How is the water in Far Cry when it's set to "very high" quality?

Wet :)

--
Regards, Bob

Doesn't seem all that different from "medium", on both my GF3 and Radeon
9800Pro.

However, at least in the demo version, there are console commands to enable
true water reflections, refractive effects, and the sun reflecting on the
water.

"Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> richard6121@excite.calm <richard6121@excite.calm> wrote:
>
> > How is the water in Far Cry when it's set to "very high" quality?
>
> Wet :)
>
> --
> Regards, Bob

Try the full version.

There is a HUGE difference between my ti4200 and 9800pro.

> Doesn't seem all that different from "medium", on both my GF3 and Radeon
> 9800Pro.
>
> However, at least in the demo version, there are console commands to
enable
> true water reflections, refractive effects, and the sun reflecting on the
> water.

> "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > richard6121@excite.calm <richard6121@excite.calm> wrote:
> >
> > > How is the water in Far Cry when it's set to "very high" quality?
> >
> > Wet :)
> >
> > --
> > Regards, Bob

..
"Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream(remove).net> wrote in message
> Try the full version.
>
> There is a HUGE difference between my ti4200 and 9800pro.

in what way I am thinking of making the same jump soon