[SOLVED] Fast boot is turned on automatically every time I boot my computer Windows 11 AMI bios

Mar 4, 2022
I upgraded to Windows 11 and had to change the bios settings to secure boot and disable fast boot. It worked well the the first week but now every time I turn on my computer Windows does not start up and get stuck in the bios. Fast boot is somehow switched on again and after changing the settings, saving, the settings and reboot Windows boots normally. I already searched the internet and found a setting that disabled the Windows fast boot setting but still it persists.

Solution
I wonder if it is CMOS after all. Removing power from PC makes it forget. Sounds like CMOS is not saving settings.

In manual, fast boot is enabled by default so if its forgetting on shutdown, its going to go back to defaults.
Mar 4, 2022
I have an Asus motherboard with AMI bios. The computer is 1.5 years old and don't think the battery should be replaced already. This only started after upgrading to Windows 11.

Mar 4, 2022
No, I have no additional software installed., just Win11. I already tried resetting to factory settings and saving but did not help either. I might try replacing the battery anyhow. It will reset the bios and perhaps it is stuck in a loop . Never done this before, never had problems with empty bios batteries .

Mar 4, 2022
Thanks for all your replies. I upgraded the bios. After the restart Fast Boot was still enabled. Now I disabled it and on restart it took a bit longer but Windows started up. let's see if it stabilises and also will work tomorrow.

Mar 4, 2022
Well, instead of waiting until tomorrow. I shut down the computer. Unplugged for 10 seconds and rebooted and alas, the fast boot was enabled again. I got inspired by your comments and saw under the tools setting Profiles and tried to created a profile with Fast boot disabled and set it to No 1. I am not sure if I did it the right way. Will keep you posted.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if it is CMOS after all. Removing power from PC makes it forget. Sounds like CMOS is not saving settings.

In manual, fast boot is enabled by default so if its forgetting on shutdown, its going to go back to defaults.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 4, 2022
Hello again, you were right. I replaced the battery. Had to change the fast boot setting again but after doing that and switching off, power off for 20 seconds, booted the computer and now Windows started as regular. Thanks for your time and advice!

Reactions: DRagor and Colif

TRENDING THREADS