[SOLVED] Fast internet speed, but really slow when downloading through launchers ?

Oct 14, 2021
I have some kind of a strange problem on my computer. I have an Internet speed of 1Gbps, which I have even tested on speedtest.net, but if I download an app from a launcher, for example Epicgames launcher or battle net launcher, it downloads at around 300kb/s. But if I download something from the internet, it uses 940 Gbps which is normal, because I am using an ethernet cable.

I have tried the following but none of them have worked:
-to exchange the ethernet cable.
-to update the network driver.

Does anyone know a soloution to this problem?

My network card is: Realtek GbE Family Controller

Solution
If downloads via the web browser and speedtest say you are getting 900+mbps then your network equipment is fine.

The only real difference is those game loaders are using proprietary methods of download. In many cases they should actually be faster because many of them can run a multi stream download unlike a simple file download from the browser.

So it could be the site itself has some issue that is limiting you. After than you have to see what might be limiting the launcher programs. They all have ability to set limits inside the application so check that first. Maybe there is some other software installed on your machine causing the limit. I know there are so called "gamer" network programs that come bundled with some...
If downloads via the web browser and speedtest say you are getting 900+mbps then your network equipment is fine.

The only real difference is those game loaders are using proprietary methods of download. In many cases they should actually be faster because many of them can run a multi stream download unlike a simple file download from the browser.

So it could be the site itself has some issue that is limiting you. After than you have to see what might be limiting the launcher programs. They all have ability to set limits inside the application so check that first. Maybe there is some other software installed on your machine causing the limit. I know there are so called "gamer" network programs that come bundled with some motherboards and some video cards. These cause all kinds of strange issues. The normally talk about giving game traffic priority.

Solution