[SOLVED] Fast wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RothALD

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
Which is faster? A wifi/bluetooth pci-e card or an NGFF/M2.2 pci-e adapter card. (The one and only M.2 slot on my MSI Tomohawk b450 max has a storage card in it). They are roughly the same price and both use the pci-e bus. Is there any noticeable performance difference either way?

Solution
Which is faster? A wifi/bluetooth pci-e card or an NGFF/M2.2 pci-e adapter card. (The one and only M.2 slot on my MSI Tomohawk b450 max has a storage card in it). They are roughly the same price and both use the pci-e bus. Is there any noticeable performance difference either way?
The best performance is the one with the largest and easiest-to-position antennas. Antennas (the more the better) and positioning are what improve WIFI. You have to optimize the RF portion, not the computer interface.

Dave8671

Distinguished
I would go with the PCIe make sure its supports windows 10 and read reviews before purchasing one. Some have bad drivers and that will cause headaches.

Never believe what the box states on speed of a wireless card. Your house walls will effect it. I can not use any type of 802.11N in my house it was build in the 90s and the walls are a bit thicker. 802.11N does not penetrate walls as good as 820.11G. I did try steaming with N would buffer constantly. I am still using G for this house.

kanewolf

Titan
The best performance is the one with the largest and easiest-to-position antennas. Antennas (the more the better) and positioning are what improve WIFI. You have to optimize the RF portion, not the computer interface.

Reactions: RothALD
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.