[SOLVED] Fastest wifi speed you achieved on a single device?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 18, 2021
Some of you guys have pretty impressive systems. I am curious what maximum download speed you achieved to date on a single device?

Solution
While you seem knowledgeable and I appreciate you participating in the conversation, I do feel you're being a bit of a Debbie Downer unnecessarily without knowing the context.

I've been in this apartment since 2016 and I initially had a 30Mbps subscription with a small local provider for which I was paying 39/month. They were eventually bought by a bigger company who increased the price to 49/month but also the speed to 1Gbps. This and other providers actually got rid of the smaller speeds and they offer only one option to all subscribers which I think makes a lot of sense.

One provider also offers 10Gbps for 79/month. The first 4 months are free for new customers so on the first year that comes to 52/month which is around what...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
streaming does not take that much bandwidth anyway. all this is un-needed. the file can be 100 gb, does not mean it transfers all of it before playing. just enough to start playing and then works in the background fast enough to stay ahead with a bit of a buffer.

i don't see anything here to suggest you need any such super network in your house to spend all that cash