[SOLVED] Faulty CPU?

Feb 18, 2020
Hi all. There is something wrong with my pc -> died 😂 Can anyone tell me what the... is happend? I already disconnected every thing. Only mobo and cpu left. Without CPU motherboard looks ok, but when I pług in cpu it Goes into boot loop. Here are two videos (with and without CPU) how it looks:
View: https://youtu.be/HdxqdKsLSlA

View: https://youtu.be/f1mRdiRtdbc

Motherboard: asus maximus vii hero
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Cooler removed just before I did this video. Anyway system won't wake up.

Last edited:
Solution
GPU cooler is not a cooler "came with card". It's replace with bigger one (arctic extreme for GPU) . I want to keep light so Put windforce led to new cooling but its not perfectly straight 😃.

Is it any way to check mobo is faulty?

Only with a known good CPU, which is a risk because a bad board can damage that CPU as well. Better off testing the CPU in a known good board, it wouldn't break anything. That said based on the age it may be hard to come by. May be time to just consider an upgrade.
Never run a system without a heastink + fan on the CPU. Yes people have done it and people have fried their CPU too. You don't take the chance. You could possibly have a dead CPU right now and maybe a dead motherboard socket.

Just watch this. You can cook meat on a CPU. Of course that CPU is dead in the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBNCN6v_gk

If you had an old CPU that CPU would have gone pouf in smoke and fire.

Feb 18, 2020
M
Never run a system without a heastink + fan on the CPU. Yes people have done it and people have fried their CPU too. You don't take the chance. You could possibly have a dead CPU right now and maybe a dead motherboard socket.

Just watch this. You can cook meat on a CPU. Of course that CPU is dead in the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBNCN6v_gk

If you had an old CPU that CPU would have gone pouf in smoke and fire.
Mine is coooold... With CPU connected mobo Goes into boot loop 1s on 1s off...

Feb 18, 2020
Tr
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

test with the gpu out?
Tried any configuration: GPU out, ram out, ram in different slots, ram with GPU, ram without GPU.... Got new psu.
System is 4 years Old.
Full spec:
Psu: seasonic g series 750W 80 plus Gold.
Mobo: Asus maximus vii hero
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Gpu: gigabyte Gtx970 g1 gaming oc
Ram: Kingston Hyperx beast 2x 8gb 2400mhz

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You're not getting it. Something was wrong (we don't know particularly what) but the moment you removed the cooler to make these videos and started trying to boot it and see what happens with the CPU plugged in/not plugged in, you cooked it.

I agree with the evaluation above that MAYBE your PSU was bad, but now not only is your PSU bad, your CPU is shot too.

Feb 18, 2020
You're not getting it. Something was wrong (we don't know particularly what) but the moment you removed the cooler to make these videos and started trying to boot it and see what happens with the CPU plugged in/not plugged in, you cooked it.

I agree with the evaluation above that MAYBE your PSU was bad, but now not only is your PSU bad, your CPU is shot too.

OK, once again. I test it all WITH Cooler. Got new psu - same result. Removed every thing except cpu AMD cooler. All the time had boot loop like on video. Then removed cpu with the result like on second video - no cpu no boot loop. THEN I put back cpu only without cooler (video with boot loop). Just after that video i removed cpu from socket was coooold like from fridge. Overheated cpu would be at least warm. I think 😁

Feb 18, 2020
Take the CPU out of the socket, check the socket for bent pins. Place it back in if no bent pins and try again. As stated before, you likely killed the CPU when you clearly turned the system on without a heatsink mounted.

As I said just after that video I removed cpu (cold) from socket. Previously i tried brand new Psu and all combinations with removing cards.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
OK, once again. I test it all WITH Cooler. Got new psu - same result. Removed every thing except cpu AMD cooler. All the time had boot loop like on video. Then removed cpu with the result like on second video - no cpu no boot loop. THEN I put back cpu only without cooler (video with boot loop). Just after that video i removed cpu from socket was coooold like from fridge. Overheated cpu would be at least warm. I think 😁

You have a few issues here though. Ok so we eliminate the PSU as the problem. And we eliminate the GPU as well since you bypassed that. You said the issue was with the cooler on. if the cooler fan FAILED the system may have crashed due to that. Also you're compounding the problem removing the cooler because some boards won't boot without a cooler being plugged in.

The CPU may have failed at some point in there. Its one of the only things that makes sense, unless your motherboard failed and is no longer delivering power to the CPU.

Now the part I don't get is how did you have an "AMD cooler" if you have a 4790k?

Feb 18, 2020
Sorry guys. There is no AMD cooler. Didn't realize autocorrect put that Word in my reply. I have box Intel cooler. Fan was warking all the time. But after 4 years cpu probably said "no more ----- cooling". Looks like cpu is dead and at the ending, I helped him a bit...

MOD EDIT: Profanity

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The stock intel cooler isn't great, and even if the fan is spinning doesn't mean its working efficiently or correctly. The explanation for the CPU being cool is its probably not even powering up for whatever reason, could be the power delivery of the board as I said.

As a side note whats up with the cooler on your GPU, it looks like part of it is missing and its crooked?

Feb 18, 2020
The stock intel cooler isn't great, and even if the fan is spinning doesn't mean its working efficiently or correctly. The explanation for the CPU being cool is its probably not even powering up for whatever reason, could be the power delivery of the board as I said.

As a side note whats up with the cooler on your GPU, it looks like part of it is missing and its crooked?
GPU cooler is not a cooler "came with card". It's replace with bigger one (arctic extreme for GPU) . I want to keep light so Put windforce led to new cooling but its not perfectly straight 😃.

Is it any way to check mobo is faulty?