Faulty GTX 1050ti?

Dec 24, 2018
I have an HP z240 Tower with a 400w PSU, a core i5 6500 and 12gb of ram. I recently removed my Quadro FX 3800 and replaced it with a GTX 1050ti low profile form Gigabyte. The 1050ti worked fine until I started to get black screening and flickering when using 3DS max and playing certain games like GTA 5 or American truck simulator. The Quadro never black screened except for when it overheated. The black screens would normally last a few seconds and here would be lines and flicks on my screen before it would return to normal. I have tried different monitors, and updated, downgraded, clean installed, and used windows update Nvidia drivers and nothing works. Then the blue screens started happening saying ntoskrnl.exe stopped working and the pc would refuse to boot. So, I took out my ram from crucial and the 1050ti and replaced it with the ram from HP and intel HD graphics and the PC booted fine. So, is it a combo of wrong ram and a faulty gpu or just the gpu? Keep in mind the Quadro never crashed it only restarted its drivers because it would overheat. Thanks for the help.