Question Faulty Harddrive - Causing Reboots?

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all,

I was just wondering whether a faulty hard drive can cause a spontaneous reboot?

I was chilling on my pc, when I went to boot up the league client it immediately restarted.

Could it also cause power problems?

Thank you :)

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Ah ok thanks mate, I'm having the strangest symptoms. I recently replaced my gtx 570 with a 970 and I can't tell whether its the card or drive, granted the drive has 1200 days power on time but checks out 100% on HD Sentinel.

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Yeah I got one recently on the side, was trying to figure out what was going on before adding future potential factors, thought it might be easier to single out.

Thanks for the info :)

You're welcome....and just a thought....

Normally...if you were confident your HDD was good...when you went to switch to the SSD...I would tell you to clone it to the SSD.

...but being the HDD may be questionable...I don't recommend cloning it. I recommend doing a clean Windows install.

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
You're welcome....and just a thought....

Normally...if you were confident your HDD was good...when you went to switch to the SSD...I would tell you to clone it to the SSD.

...but being the HDD may be questionable...I don't recommend cloning it. I recommend doing a clean Windows install.

Aha nah, HDD is very questionable, considering its a 10 year old drive aha. I'd have a better peace of mind if I just did a straight clean install.

Put the 570 back in the machine......do you still have the same problem?

I have yet to try that but everything was working perfectly for like 2 weeks or more with my default 570 setup, only had hiccups when I switched to 970. Ran heaven benchmark and 0 issues on the 970. Might actually be my harddrive.