Question Faulty keyboard or weird software issue?

Dec 18, 2019
Purchased Dell g5 5587 a while back, and after a month of use, certain keys started acting weird. At times, always the same keys stop working randomly and then start working again. It's gotten to a point where 70% of the time these keys are not working.

Now I've tried pretty much everything (troubleshooting keyboard, driver reinstall, reconnecting the keyboard to the mb, windows reinstall and all the other tricks found on forums related to my issue), and I have already taken steps to get my problem fixed, so I really don't need any help. Rather I was wondering; is this some weird particular software issue, or is the keyboard busted. After all it starts working randomly like nothing ever happened so it makes me think it's not actually physically broken.

chris h the guy

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
i also have this issue with my acer spin 3. I have to press the two keys at once to key one key to function. it is very VERY annoying to deal with cause even pressing two keys at onces doesn't work all the time. i have around 8 keys that are like this like my L, O, P, 9, up arrow and period keys. does anybody know the reason for this issue? i had just bought my laptop and tested in bios that the keys still dont work. I just noticed, but my disabled keys are kind of in a straight line on my keyboard